Trusted Contributor

Are they really that great? $99.00 on sale!!!?

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Many people love them.  I can't Stand them! You should not size up. The fit is tight around the thigh and they're just not right. I am open to expensive jeans, but there is no way these are worth $100 ....or even $50. Talbots has far, far better jeans.

Esteemed Contributor

@Sapphiregal wrote:

Are they really that great? $99.00 on sale!!!?

@Sapphiregal  for some absolutely they are.  The cut and fit are perfect for them and the quality is there. Jeans may be a staple in there wardrobe, maybe even for work.

For others, no. They may choose not to spend that much and have found jeans at a lower price point that work great for them.

It's a personal decision and every brand does not work for everyone.

Esteemed Contributor
I have tried on maybe a half a dozen or so different styles of NYDJ and only liked one style on my body. The sizing was inconsistent and I had a heck of a time finding a pair that didn't make me feel squished or have them slide down if I sized up. On the other hand, I love Talbot jeans/pants. I know my size and never sent back a pair of pants because they did not fit.

I will say though, that I have a couple of friends who swear buy NYDJ and do look good in their jeans. I think body shape and style preference is the difference. As for price, if I found a pair of jeans that fit me and I liked them, I would spend $100.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

Just read Real Simple magazine voted 501 Levi's straight leg the best fitting jeans.  

I wouldn't know, but here they are. 100% cotton denim. 

Esteemed Contributor
Levi original 501 jeans are awesome. My darling spouse wears them and he looks divine coming or going. Smiley Happy

I used to wear 501 jeans but I think I wore the original men's version. Then I discovered Calvin's and never bought Levi's again. I think I should try again. Those straight leg jeans are my preferred style.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee   Love Levi 501s  (these look a bit short).

Respected Contributor

bought my first pair of NYDJ as the TSV several weeks ago and they fit very well. I hesitated even with the TSV price but glad I bought them and no plan to buy more, just to expensive. I bought the petite 8-10-12

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

@Foxxee   Love Levi 501s  (these look a bit short).

@phoenixbrd 

Yes, those in the photo are too short for this model. They're made in several lengths, though.  

Esteemed Contributor

Really, I don't care for them either. But that's not to say what you look for in jeans and what I look for in jeans are the same.