Valued Contributor

NYDJ - tag question - PETITE

[ Edited ]

If you've purchased NYDJ PETITE jeans before, will you please reply if the sewn-in tag on the inside of the jeans says "SHORT" or simply a "P" ?

Thank you.

Occasional Contributor

Re: NYDJ - tag question - PETITE

“P”
Valued Contributor

Thank you, @Faimom .   That is really helpful to know about the "P"!   I saw one on ebay where it had a "short" tag sewn in, and it made me wonder.  Perhaps it is a fake.

Thanks again!

Occasional Contributor

I don’t know that “short” necessarily means it’s a fake. I think “short” is a regular cut with a short inseam. I think petite is a smaller rise. It just depends on what you need.
Valued Contributor

@Faimom, you have been so helpful!!  That's a good point you made about Tall/Short, etc.  I had not thought of that.  

Thank you so much for your help.  I really appreciate it!

Esteemed Contributor

@Julie_23 wrote:

If you've purchased NYDJ PETITE jeans before, will you please reply if the sewn-in tag on the inside of the jeans says "SHORT" or simply a "P" ?

Thank you.

The two pairs of NYDJ that I've ever purchased in petite always had the size P on the tag.  Nothing about short.  Short doesn't indicate petite, necessarily.  I recall JC Penney having a store brand of slacks that were so beloved by everyone because they had varying sizes.  Petite; short; regular tall.  Short can mean a size 18 but shorter inseam.  Petite is sometimes cut to a smaller frame of the misses or women's sizing.  Make sure you compare the size charts from regular vs. Petite in waist and length and so on.  I don't believe NYDJ sells anything in a version of short.  It's either Regular or Petite.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you, @gertrudecloset -- this is also great info to know -- I really appreciate it!