Honored Contributor

Are these a thicker denim? Something that could conceal celluloid thighs?

One of my friends has really bad celluloid on her thighs. She likes to wear tight jeans but most of the fabric is thin (Giuliana's and Laurie Felt) and her thighs look like speed bumps of celluloid from hips to knees Woman Surprised it looks terrible, so she wears looser pants but wants to find some new jeans

She doesn't like the traditional non stretch denim. Maybe NYDJ? 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

One of my friends has really bad celluloid on her thighs. She likes to wear tight jeans but most of the fabric is thin (Giuliana's and Laurie Felt) and her thighs look like speed bumps of celluloid from hips to knees Woman Surprised it looks terrible, so she wears looser pants but wants to find some new jeans

@Chi-town girl, the concept behind NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) is that they would fit more mature women and be comfortable. They do have various amounts of stretch in the fabric but none too excessive. I don't think that they carry any 100 percent cotton jeans.

They feel just like the majority of denim jeans out there in the market today.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Re: NYDJ quesiton

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@Chi-town girl, the concept behind NYDJ (Not Your Daughter's Jeans) is that they would fit more mature women and be comfortable. They do have various amounts of stretch in the fabric but none too excessive. I don't think that they carry any 100 percent cotton jeans.

@suzyQ3 - some of the new denim is soooo thin they show every lump and bump. Especially when worn skin tight.

My friend  posts her daily what she is wearing photo on facebook and she wears jeans alot. It literally liooks like she has a series of horizontal speed bumps down the front and back of her legs. Woman Surprised Woman Sad

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@suzyQ3wrote:

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@suzyQ3 - some of the new denim is soooo thin they show every lump and bump. Especially when worn skin tight.

My friend  posts her daily what she is wearing photo on facebook and she wears jeans alot. It literally liooks like she has a series of horizontal speed bumps down the front and back of her legs. Woman Surprised Woman Sad

@Chi-town girl, it might that the brands she's wearing have less cotton and more stretchy fabrics.

If she's wearing skinny jeans, they just might not be the best for her. She might look better in a slim leg.

But hey, her body, her choice. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

Yes,I size down one size from my regular size.  NYDJ was the only brand I wore for years.  Now I swirch between Land’s End and NYDJ. I size down in Land’s End too.  For the longest time,NYDJ jeans were made in the USA, That was the reason I originally bought them.  Not sure about now.  I haven’t bought jeans in a long time.