Regular Contributor

For those who have tried these jeans, are they worth the price?  Did you really go down a size when ordering and be comfortable?  I really liked the capri jeans that were on this morning but the price stunned me a little.  If the jeans are as good as promised, they'd be worth it to me.  In my life, I've never been advised to size down in jeans lol.  TIA.

Betty

Contributor

The last time I tried on NYDJ I tried my usual size and found them uncomfortable.  I have never found a pair of this brand to fit me right.  I definitely would not be able to size down. 

Valued Contributor
I do NOT size down; I order regular size.
I only buy this brand if it’s on sale
Valued Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

I tried on some NYDJ jeans at Dillard's a while back.  Wanted to see what all the hype was about.  They were a fabulous fit in my usual size.  Looked good.  But, the price tag almost gave me a heart attack.  Eek!  I put them back on the rack and left the store.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@betty423wrote:

For those who have tried these jeans, are they worth the price?  Did you really go down a size when ordering and be comfortable?  I really liked the capri jeans that were on this morning but the price stunned me a little.  If the jeans are as good as promised, they'd be worth it to me.  In my life, I've never been advised to size down in jeans lol.  TIA.

Betty

@betty423. Yes, they’re expensive, but the fit and comfort is worth it to me. They are all I wear. I wait until they’re on sale at Nordstrom or sometimes find them at Nord. Rack. I buy the ankle length and in warmer weather, turn the hem up once to a 3” cuff and have capris. Definitely size down. If not, they’ll be baggy and also not do the job intended: hold you in to look slimmer....oh, they’ll feel too tight when you try the smaller size for sure. Trust the mfg. Go down a size.

Honored Contributor

Yes, you definitely need to go down a size.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@betty423... I purchased my first pair last year....it was a boyfriend jean.  Yes, I did go down a size....I am very body conscious and going down a size did concern me.  In Lee Premium jeans I can wear a 10 but always get a 12 and have the waist taken in...I carry my weight in my upper thighs and will not wear pants that pull. I purchased the size 8 in the NYDJ.

The denim in NYDJ is very nice, it does stretch a little and I have to wear a belt to keep my self from tugging on them but I would purchase again, but only on sale.  

Honored Contributor

I wore NYDJ jeans for years, up until recently. I have switched to a better-fitting brand for my body when I realized that the jeans really didn't fit me well. I could not size down in NYDJ.

One peeve about their jeans is that I often ran into inconsistent sizing, even within one style group. Also, I never did find their CS to be exceptional.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

Re: NYDJ quesiton

[ Edited ]

It's the only brand I currently wear. I find you have to try them on to get your correct size. They last forever. Zappos and Nordstrom have free S&H if you cannot get to a store to try them.