Regular Contributor

I bought 2 pairs of NYDJeans or crops and it says not to dry. I even talk to someone on there site. He said if I did use very low heat. Does anyone who has these jeans let the line dry?? I figured it will take all day to get dry and will need to iron for sure.

Valued Contributor

The only jeans I put in the dryer are ones that are too big for me. I line dry my jeans, and truthfully, many of my clothes. It extends their "life" and keeps them from pilling, shrinking, and fading. 

If you hang your jeans outside, it will certainly speed up the drying process. Otherwise, yes, it does take about a day or two to dry. If I am in a hurry, I hang mine in the bathroom where there is a ceiling fan. My laundry room, unfortunately, does not have one!

Respected Contributor

I put them in the dryer on gentle but I take them out while they are still damp and air dry.  I do that with all jeans that have a lot stretch in the fabric.

Honored Contributor

They have their own answer to NYDJ at Chicos.

SO Slimming Ankle Jeans  $99.00.

They also have a "butt lifting" jean as well as others.

30% Off Full Price Styles now.

Girlfriend Ankle Jeans

Honored Contributor

@Happy54 wrote:

I bought 2 pairs of NYDJeans or crops and it says not to dry. I even talk to someone on there site. He said if I did use very low heat. Does anyone who has these jeans let the line dry?? I figured it will take all day to get dry and will need to iron for sure.

@Happy54  I always line dry NYDJ - I have a lot of them (and capris).

I think it's because of the spandex in them that causes them to be so comfortable ith stretch yet so slimming.   To preserve that, do line dry - heat isn't very good for it.

Trusted Contributor

I always line dry my jeans. I found out the hard way that heat is the enemy of spandex that is in our expensive stretchy jeans.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

I always line dry jeans.  Not taking a chance that they'll shrink.

Honored Contributor

@Happy54 wrote:

I never dry any of my jeans in the dryer,

but what I do is tumble them about 5 minutes to get out the wrinkles, then hang from the bottom (inner seams togehter) to shape them

will be fine, no iron