Trusted Contributor

I'm not one to be sold on something because I can size down. No one looks at the tag to see what size you're wearing so that they can judge you. People only notice if something fits you or not. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Oops forgot to mentioned.  NYDJ do shrink if you put them in the dryer.  It's never a good idea to put any jeans (especially if they have good portion in cotton)  So if you do get them, avoid the dryer & just lay them flat or hang up to dry. 

Respected Contributor

I think it is a marketing ploy as well.  With many swimsuits, they tell you to size up.  Years ago, while being sized for a bridesmaid dress, I was told that the dresses were one size smaller and to size up.  It seems ridiculous to me.  Why not just put the correct measurements in the correct size?

Contributor

I love NYDJ jeans. They fit me well. I discovered them many years ago on Amazon. I do go down one size and that’s the best fit. Their size chart is already written with the one size down adjustment. They just mean I size down from your regular size. It’s a bit confusing. 

I always check thei NYDJ website before I purchase any. They offer free shipping and exchanges and have tons of styles.