Valued Contributor

I own other NYDJ's  and I always buy my usual size. They fit fine and I wouldn't want them to be any smaller.  I don't buy that line.  Having said that, they are wonderful jeans.

Respected Contributor

I always order by the specific garment sizing, not what the vendor/hosts say. This avoids returns. By doing this, NYDJ is TTS for me. 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I do not understand why they just do not correct the size chart  rather than tell you constantly to SIZE DOWN.  It must be a marketing ploy to make you feel better wearing a size smaller than you should be wearing.... but to me it is just wasted air time.  They constantly harp about buying a size smaller...... JUST  FIX THE SIZE CHART to show what size to buy.  Do not tell me to buy one size down from what I NORMALLY BUY.   

JUST SO STUPID.

Also constantlymentioning Oprah's name on each show like THAT is going to make me want the pants ? HUH?

I remember years ago, Oprah had a segment on her show about buying jeans that fit.... and she was harping  that no one should buy jeans that have more than 2% spandex in them..... 

Now Oprah is wanting us to wear 14% spandex..... like what is up with that?  Does not make me believe a thing she says..... she will put her name on anything  that pays her to push it.   

Those jeans have 14% Spandex?  I don't even like the ones that have 2% Spandex, so no way would I buy those.  I also hated that the main selling point of the jeans at midnight besides the fact that Oprah loved them was that you "got to" size down to a smaller size.  It sounded to me very much like it was about being able to tell people you're wearing a smaller size.  Big turn-off, which was what I did to the TV.  

Frequent Contributor

The sizing is too confusing to me so I don't bother buying these jeans. Also, Zulily sells them for $39.95. Zulily is owned by QVC so where is the deal??????

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

I always order by the specific garment sizing, not what the vendor/hosts say. This avoids returns. By doing this, NYDJ is TTS for me. 

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Hey stranger! TTS?

Honored Contributor

Shopping Networks are good at all these ploys to get women to buy the TSV.  PLEASE.  If you like the jeans and they fit so well then buy them.  I don't need to pay $80 plus tax and shipping.  I can buy very comfortable jeans for a lot less.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

I LOVE jeans from this brand and do find that they run quite large, as well as stretching out while wearing. If I were to have ordered the TSV, I would've gone down 2 sizes to get a good fit. For the skinnier/slimmer cut jeans from NYDJ, I order 1 size down. 

I really couldn't care less if ANY celebrity endorses a brand. I buy what I like and feel fits me well. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

I've tried them on at Nordstrom.  NYDJ has an extra room at the belly and bum.  That's why they are named that.  So I had to size down from my usual 2 to a 0.  They're OK.  But not really for me.  Good Jeans though.  I have no idea if the QVC version is the same or different. 

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom 

Hey stranger! TTS?

@Andreatoo 🙋🏻‍♀️ True to size! I wear my usual size, no sizing down one as they recommend. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a pair of NYDJ several years ago and while they fit when I first put them on, they quickly became stretched out. They were pretty high in the rise and after they stretched out, I could have fit another pair of jeans underneath and maybe my cat. 

I don't recall what percentage of stretch they had in them, but I thought I read that the TSV was 1% elastane, not 14%.  I do prefer 1% in my jeans, and sometimes 2% works.  

As far as sizing goes, they aren't a QVC brand, and it seems to me that other non-QVC brands also have their own sizing and don't change it to comply with QVC sizing.