Honored Contributor

@tropics21 

If you look at the “click here” measurements, it will show you the measurements of each NYDJ size.  Find whichever one fits your body best and go with that size, whatever that size happens to be.  The “click here” measurements are always the measurements of the garment, no matter the brand.  

I think you’ll find when you look at the “click here” measurements, they run big, so that’s why they say you’ll probably end up getting one size smaller than you normally do with QVC garments.

HTH

Valued Contributor

@tropics21   I recently ordered this brand and chose 1 size down.  At first they fit beautifully -- now after 3 months' wear they've stretched out more in width & length (I have to keep pulling up the waistband!).  I don't know if it's my body (a little weight loss?) OR the jeans fabric, but I suspect the fabric and cut. (Maybe they need a washing, though they're not dirty.) 

Jeans are truly the most frustrating piece of clothing to shop for, no matter where or price. The industry is all over the map -- literally.

If you can, order 2 or 3 sizes in the same Jean, then return the ones which don't work.

Honored Contributor

Just go down one size from your regular QVC Size.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I sized down even though measurements were for my usual size.  I had to send them back for my regular size. This did not work for me. I could not even pull them up. Maybe it is ok for some but my regular size is perfect and comfortable.

Honored Contributor

They're wall to wall stretch.  Primary reason I won't wear them.  I like 99% cotton with rest stretch.  You bounce around like a yoyo in these jeans.  I'm dress 2, real jeans 25 or 26, NYDJ I'm a 0 or even a 00.  They're the department store version of Denim & Co or a grown up version of Abercrombie & Fitch. 

Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They're wall to wall stretch.  Primary reason I won't wear them.  I like 99% cotton with rest stretch.  You bounce around like a yoyo in these jeans.  I'm dress 2, real jeans 25 or 26, NYDJ I'm a 0 or even a 00.  They're the department store version of Denim & Co or a grown up version of Abercrombie & Fitch. 

@songbird, I used to wear NYDJ and stopped only because I found a better fit with J.Crew for my skinny body. But the NYDJ jeans I tended to wear were primarily cotton -- something like 90 or 91 percent. So no, that is not wall to wall stretch. Others may be more stretchy, probably so that they have something for everyone.

Although I have moved on, I never had any problem with quality other than sometimes inconsistent sizing. I think your comparisons to two other companies is an unwarranted put-down.

As for size, I think that they are targeting women who are not as thin as you are. And that is a good thing. The market should be open to all sizes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@songbird wrote:

@songbird, I used to wear NYDJ and stopped only because I found a better fit with J.Crew for my skinny body. But the NYDJ jeans I tended to wear were primarily cotton -- something like 90 or 91 percent. So no, that is not wall to wall stretch. Others may be more stretchy, probably so that they have something for everyone.

Although I have moved on, I never had any problem with quality other than sometimes inconsistent sizing. I think your comparisons to two other companies is an unwarranted put-down.

As for size, I think that they are targeting women who are not as thin as you are. And that is a good thing. The market should be open to all sizes.

yeah.  That was the other reason. The construction of them have exra room in the belly and bum.  Something I don't have.  But I didn't know that when I tried them on.  I found out fast.  Regular jeans fit me super well.  So I stayed with them. 

Trusted Contributor

Use the "Click Here" measurements and order to fit your waist size (no added wearing ease).

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson