Valued Contributor

I am thinking of purchasing a pair but confused when the vendor states size down from your normal size. What does that mean?  If I look on the size chart and find my size, example 10, do I order an 8?  Or. is the chart already configued as a size down from the chart?

Honored Contributor

They said, size down from your normal Q size.  It is confusing.  Go by the click here measurements.

Esteemed Contributor

@tropics21  You order one size down from your regular size.So if you’re a size 10 you would order a size 8.

Respected Contributor

Depending on the brand I can wear anything from a 6 to a 10. Sooooo what do I do, right? Lol! Well I use the click here garment measurement chart to decide. For me, I’m consistently a size 8 in NYDJ. I find that the jeans fit comfortably without feeling like a sausage casing. I can’t stand tight tight clothing. 

In saying all the above, an 8 is mostly what I wear in other brands. 10 and 6 on occasion. So, I guess that I am most consistently an 8, making NYDJ a “true fit” for me, not a size down as they say. Again, this is MY experience. But again, I had no problem by using the garment measurement chart. Hope I didn’t make things MORE confusing, @tropics21 . Lol! 

Trusted Contributor

I have been wearing NYDJ jeans for years.  In most jeans ( AG,Levis,Chico’s) , I take a 6.  But in NYDJ, I am consistently a 4.  So take your best fitting jeans down one size. Hope they work for you!

Valued Contributor

so i must have a mental block.  If I click on measurements for the NYDJ and find my measurements, do I order that size, or SIZE DOWN from it?

Valued Contributor

That was my question, when I click on it and find my measurements on the nydj item, do I order that size or order a size smaller than that.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I think you'll be fine if you size down one size from your normal jean size.  That's what I wear in NYDJ.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

QVC sizes larger than most.

Pick almost any other store brand and go one size down for NYDJ.

Respected Contributor

@tropics21 wrote:

so i must have a mental block.  If I click on measurements for the NYDJ and find my measurements, do I order that size, or SIZE DOWN from it?

@tropics21  Order YOUR size, the matching measurements from the chart. Do not size down.