Respected Contributor

Re: NYDJ - Question About Their Jeans

I really like these jeans, have several pair and one cropped pair on the way.  I do size down from an 18 to a 16 and voila, they fit perfectly, are comfy, and VERY flattering on me.  

Trusted Contributor

I recently ordered the wide leg jeans and I went with my normal size 8 just didn't get this sizing down thing. Well they were right. Had to return for a size 6 and they fit like they were custom made for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Like other brands, NYJD has several cuts.  The most classic in terms of being a classic straight leg is Marilyn. I find that Marilyn fits many people better if they size down.  Exception being ladies with bootylicious backsides (well rounded), or hips are beautifully curvy.  I take a 00 all, but must have Marilyn in this size.  0 works for me in their Skinny and Sherri (the slim leg which may be the sweet spot for anyone who doesn't want the relaxed Marilyn leg or the true Skinny. The bootcut and wide leg jeans fit just like Marilyn through the waist and hips (bootcut fits like Marilyn all the way to the knees).