Respected Contributor

NYDJ - Question About Their Jeans

I have never bought this brand and was wondering about the fit.  I am a 12 and they say to size down.  I don't like my pants to fit like a legging though.  For those who buy this brand, should I size down to a 10? and will they then be skin tight or fit correctly.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

Re: NYDJ - Question About Their Jeans

You'll get as many different opinions on this as you do responses!

I wear on size 10-12 petite in most things from brands like LLBean, Talbots and Land's End.

In NYDJ, I typically order either an 8 or 8 petite. They're not skin-tight, but they are a close fit. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Valued Contributor

I own several pairs of NYDJ and, although they say to size down, I don't always find that to be the right thing to do.

I can't stand it if jeans are too snug in the waist.  The only ones I do size down on are the ones where viscose is part of the fabric content.   I find those to run larger and are very stretchy.

Honestly, I find their sizing not to be too consistent.   The same size can vary by the fit in the waist and length on different pairs of the same style.

In general, I would say to stick with your normal size.  HTH

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals I'm an hourglass and when I sold them, always thought they ran extremely narrow.  

I suggest you speak with a poster that has your silhouette.

Trusted Contributor

@lovesallanimals  I'm a size 4 and ordered a 4. They fit perfectly and are some of my favorite jeans when I want comfort and "dressy" jeans. They don't slide down, and I don't feel stuffed into a sausage casing. I would definitely feel like that if I sized down. 

Looking at the models and hearing what size they are and what size they're wearing can tell you a lot about how they'll fit. They're usually wearing a size too small on the presentation. Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

Are these made with this difference exclusively for QVC?  

Reason I ask ... I bought NYDJ jeans at Chico's and bought my usual Chico's size and they fit perfectly.

Esteemed Contributor

I have never tried those jeans - too expensive for me.  But when I see the presentations, they all look too tight on the models.  It looks like the pants are pulling and stretching across their legs.  I just did not think they were very flattering.  At least now with QVC you can get a free exchange, if you are not in a hurry to get them, that is.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Been wearing these jeans for years. Wear the size I buy in any pair of jeans. I could never understand why they say to size down, unless they think jeans should be very tight. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

When I first saw the jean, they told me the belly and rump area of the jean is bigger then a regular jean.   Hence the name. And yes, at Nordstrom (where I first saw them) I had to size down. But I have small bottom and a belly that doesn't stick out  Otherwise I would have worn my regular waist size.  I didn't like it.  I can wear regular jeans without an extended belly and bottom area.  I've never ordered QVC edition of them. So I have no idea why you would have to size down. I remember sitting down in the jeans and that stomach area would puff up. 

Honored Contributor

I own a couple pairs of NYDJ jeans.  I sized down as recommended and they fit beautifully.  I'm built like a "real middle aged woman" and am not a skinny Minnie.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment