Honored Contributor

Re: NYDJ - Question About Their Jeans

@Kachina624 

What is a real middle-aged woman built like?

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   Curvey, unthin, a bit on the fluffy side.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I have never bought this brand and was wondering about the fit.  I am a 12 and they say to size down.  I don't like my pants to fit like a legging though.  For those who buy this brand, should I size down to a 10? and will they then be skin tight or fit correctly.  Thank you.

I'm a size 2 in pants and I order the size 2 in this brand and they fit perfectly. If I ordered down a size they wouldn't fit.

Honored Contributor

I'll stick to my regular jeans.  They are nice looking jeans, but just not for me.  I don't buy jeans that are in whole sizes.  Just the waist size.  They have to have a zipper and pockets.  No gathered or elastic waist, or pull on .  I want the cotton to be pima or supima  cotton. And I just prefer American made jeans.  Nearly all my other clothing are not. Just the usual. I'm fussy about jeans.  But that's the way it is.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I have an  hourglass shape and was really curious about the fit on these. I think they are rather expensive for jeans but I wanted to try it just once to see if they are worth it  Reading all your replies I will order my regular size 12.  As another posted, I also noticed that the jeans looked so skin tight and pulled around their thighs and knees.  Unless the model was super skinny they did not look too good being so tight.  

Contributor

I think you're correct to order the 12.  I'm also somewhat pearshaped.  My pant size is either a 10 or 12, and the size 12 NYDJs fit me well.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA   NYDJ jeans that Chico carried were made for them and fit differently. 

Honored Contributor

@lovesallanimals wrote:

I have never bought this brand and was wondering about the fit.  I am a 12 and they say to size down.  I don't like my pants to fit like a legging though.  For those who buy this brand, should I size down to a 10? and will they then be skin tight or fit correctly.  Thank you.

@lovesallanimals   (love you nic, btw). I wear these jeans exclusively...maybe 6 prs. at least in different washes and style names. I've always sized down one size as recommended. I think the models on Q who look like a stuffed sausage are wearing the wrong size. They're styled that way in other lines, too like any leggings or tighter fitting pants/capris from Belle, WIC, etc. 

Trusted Contributor

I have only bought one pair of NYDJ and I found it at Goodwill.  I bought my regular size because I don't wear my jeans tight.  The pair I bought was fine, but really not special.  I did not become loyal to that brand.  

Respected Contributor

I’m wide in the hips and tall. I buy my usual size.