Contributor

Costco has NYDJ Marilyn jeans at the warehouse in black only at 29.99.

Respected Contributor

They may be seconds!  So buyer beware.

Regular Contributor

I have bought NYDJ jeans on the Zulily site. Much cheaper. Just remember to size down.

Contributor

Thank you for the warning.  My pair are just fine.

Trusted Contributor

Re: NYDJ Marilyn jeans

[ Edited ]

@LoriMN wrote:

Costco has NYDJ Marilyn jeans at the warehouse in black only at 29.99.

Probably not in my 2X size, thoughSmiley Sad  I bought two pair and have been wearing them everyday-SO comfortable!!

Respected Contributor

@stellabystarlight wrote:

I think there is a difference between seconds and merchandise created specifically for a particular retailer. Seconds implies that there are flaws of some sort, right? I have read from several sources that Costco does not sell seconds. 

Contributor

@buyornot   Sizes 2 to 18

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

I think there is a difference between seconds and merchandise created specifically for a particular retailer. Seconds implies that there are flaws of some sort, right? I have read from several sources that Costco does not sell seconds. 

@jonbon   I used to be an "outlet addict" until I read that BR, J Crew, etc. do not have clothing from their stores. Manufacturers provide "special" orders for most outlets...most likely less expensive because of cheaper fabrics and workmanship not equal to its counterparts. I checked it out last time I was outlet shopping, it's true.

Honored Contributor

@jonbon wrote:

@jonbon, that is my understanding as well.  Seconds means there is a defect and no I don't think Costco is selling defective merchandise.  I do think however that the line may be created especially for Costco.

A few years back my DH received an Eddie Bauer item for Christmas.  It didn't fit quite right so we went to EB to do an exchange.  The SA told us that it was from the EB line created for Sam's Club.     

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@jonbon wrote:

@jonbon   I used to be an "outlet addict" until I read that BR, J Crew, etc. do not have clothing from their stores. Manufacturers provide "special" orders for most outlets...most likely less expensive because of cheaper fabrics and workmanship not equal to its counterparts. I checked it out last time I was outlet shopping, it's true.

Yes, I used to live near the outlets in Kittery, ME. Even back then, it was obvious by the labeling, etc. that it was not the same merchandise. Still not seconds, though, unless presented that way.