Esteemed Contributor

Re: NYDJ Marilyn Uplift straight leg jeans...

@San Antonio GalNot in my opinion.  They tell you to buy a size down for their jeans because they stretch out the longer you wear them.  Well, yeah, they stretch and look awful by the end of the day.  That is my experience with NYDJ's.  I have two pairs and I won't buy anymore.

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Respected Contributor

Im also a 18 and didnt really believe them when they sais size down!  I dont like tight clothes, especially on an older women.  Anyway, I did size down and they were correct.  They are a little heavier denim with alot of stretch but they dont get baggy.  I dont wear them in summer tho, too heavy for hot weather.

Esteemed Contributor

The NYDJ jeans I buy from Nordstrom are a different fabric than the Q's NYDJ jeans.

Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

I tried this brand several years ago when they offered a promotional price in the $70’s range. They were called Marilyn but were pull ons, not button and fly. They were nice but I have other brands that I like much better.

One thing I will say for sure is their advice to size down is not always accurate. I am 5’2”, 116 lbs and usually wear a size 4 and I ordered the size 4 which fit. The size 2 would have been ridiculously tight. I have a wide waist, no curves, straight up and down like an ironing board! I agree with you that Rachel and Jen look great in them but  I think they would probably look great in any brand. Just my experience.

@nevergivesup   The NYDJ jeans are the most prominent in my closet...and I have a lot of jeans since I wear them every day. I do size down to a size 2. I find that different fabrications in these jeans fit differently. The pull ons and the "embrase" fabric are baggy on my butt. They don't fit me as well as the skinny or straight leg jeans. 

Yes, I agree that different fabrications affect sizing. I have also come to see that fashions can fit two people with the same  height and weight very differently.

For years I couldn’t figure out why the garment length on a host who said she was 5’2” like me would hit much longer or shorter on her leg than mine. I finally realized that torso length was primarily responsible. I am short waisted, longer legs while many of the models have long torsos. It all makes a difference.

@nevergivesup That is why I HATE  when they give height and weight and correlate a size to it.  Makes no sense.  I noticed today that sometimes HSN will actually give the model's measurements and size she is wearing which is a much better indication.  But, they don't leave those measurements up very long, and if the model is fibbing that can throw everything off.  

It's also why I hate BMI charts.  They're nothing but the old heigh/weigh charts in a different format and have nothing to do with mass.  My BMI number bumps up against the obese category, but I can tell you, and others here can also tell you because they have seen my pictures, that I'm not obese.  I'm broad or you could say wide, but I have a flat tummy.

Respected Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

The NYDJ jeans I buy from Nordstrom are a different fabric than the Q's NYDJ jeans.

I think it depends on which jeans you purchase from the Q and from Nordstrom -- NYDJ makes jeans in more than one denim fabric.