Honored Contributor

NYDJ Marilyn Uplift straight leg jeans...

Are they worth the 99.00 price tag?  Jen and Rachel both look great in them.  I've never worn this brand and I've never spent 100 on jeans.  What do you think?

Valued Contributor

Re: NYDJ Marilyn Uplift straight leg jeans...

I tried this brand several years ago when they offered a promotional price in the $70’s range. They were called Marilyn but were pull ons, not button and fly. They were nice but I have other brands that I like much better.

One thing I will say for sure is their advice to size down is not always accurate. I am 5’2”, 116 lbs and usually wear a size 4 and I ordered the size 4 which fit. The size 2 would have been ridiculously tight. I have a wide waist, no curves, straight up and down like an ironing board! I agree with you that Rachel and Jen look great in them but  I think they would probably look great in any brand. Just my experience.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I think you would like the skinny girl jeans that I got. They're a real quality pair of jeans and they're  on clearance for $35.65. The description is high-rise but I think it's a little misleading

716-208 33" inseam!

69098AE5-0CFA-4939-8691-789D9D7E54A4.jpeg

I've never tried the NYDJ jeans because I've always been turned off by the implication that I need special jeans?!

Esteemed Contributor

Ever since my first pair of NYDJ I have worn no other jeans. They fit well and they are long enough.

I wear the same size as I do in any jean or slacks, no way I could size down in NYDJ and be comfortable.

Respected Contributor

I bought them in February when they were the TSV for 70. I would tell you no they are not worth it. Nothing special in my opinion. I wore them only twice and they are just ok. 

Honored Contributor

I prefer Lands End mid-rise, straigh leg jeans. NYDJ just didn't fit very well.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@nevergivesup wrote:

I tried this brand several years ago when they offered a promotional price in the $70’s range. They were called Marilyn but were pull ons, not button and fly. They were nice but I have other brands that I like much better.

One thing I will say for sure is their advice to size down is not always accurate. I am 5’2”, 116 lbs and usually wear a size 4 and I ordered the size 4 which fit. The size 2 would have been ridiculously tight. I have a wide waist, no curves, straight up and down like an ironing board! I agree with you that Rachel and Jen look great in them but  I think they would probably look great in any brand. Just my experience.

@nevergivesup   The NYDJ jeans are the most prominent in my closet...and I have a lot of jeans since I wear them every day. I do size down to a size 2. I find that different fabrications in these jeans fit differently. The pull ons and the "embrase" fabric are baggy on my butt. They don't fit me as well as the skinny or straight leg jeans. 

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@nevergivesup wrote:

@nevergivesup   The NYDJ jeans are the most prominent in my closet...and I have a lot of jeans since I wear them every day. I do size down to a size 2. I find that different fabrications in these jeans fit differently. The pull ons and the "embrase" fabric are baggy on my butt. They don't fit me as well as the skinny or straight leg jeans. 

Yes, I agree that different fabrications affect sizing. I have also come to see that fashions can fit two people with the same  height and weight very differently.

For years I couldn’t figure out why the garment length on a host who said she was 5’2” like me would hit much longer or shorter on her leg than mine. I finally realized that torso length was primarily responsible. I am short waisted, longer legs while many of the models have long torsos. It all makes a difference.

Also, I have a feeling that NYDJ might be more geared toward those with hourglass figures, curvy with smaller waists. My stomach is flat but my waist is wide, close to the same measurement as my hips. Basically, a pencil, what can I say?

Honored Contributor

The premium jeans go on average $200.00 plus.  Especially the ones made in the U.s. NYDJ are not the cheaply made jeans like what you find in the GAP stores.  They pay their workers more, no matter what country they are in.  So they have to make some kind of profit.  But bottom line, they are better jeans.

Respected Contributor

I have a curvy sz 18 figure and the Marilyn straight leg jeans from QVC awhile back in a 16 fit me perfectly, and look great. 

I look better in them than in other jeans, but perhaps as others have said they are best for curvy figures.  I also have some Laurie Felt jeans I really like just as much in my normal size and they too fit and look great.