Occasional Contributor

NY fashion week and the color "MERLOT"

even though it's not my favorite color, i bought a few things in the "merlot" color as all the hosts were saying it was the color of the year. i just googled NY fashion week 2015 and only saw one thing in that color....so much for being trendy....lol

Honored Contributor

Re: NY fashion week and the color "MERLOT"

Ivee, I can't speak to fashion week, which I thought was for next season by the way, but I am seeing plums and merlot in the stores.  I bought a plum cardigan.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Marsala is the pantone color of the year and I've seen the color in accessories and clothing. But I've worn that wine color for a long time. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

lvee wrote:

even though it's not my favorite color, i bought a few things in the "merlot" color as all the hosts were saying it was the color of the year. i just googled NY fashion week 2015 and only saw one thing in that color....so much for being trendy....lol

And what do they know anyway??? LOL

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Respected Contributor

Sorry, but never liked the Pantone Merlot selection. Found it dreary.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying picking up a few Merlot pieces.  The color is new and fresh for me.  Can't wait to wear my new things.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I have a burgundy leather pant suit and matching gloves. The color differences are not enough for me to go out and purchase anything new. 

Honored Contributor

Burgandy was my wedding color. My bridesmaids wore it, and the room was decorated in shades of burgandy and pink. That was a long time ago, lol. Everything old is new again!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

Spoiler

@ handygal wrote:

@handygal2  Burgandy was my wedding color. My bridesmaids wore it, and the room was decorated in shades of burgandy and pink. That was a long time ago, lol. Everything old is new again!

That reminds me, I have some of the new antique rose pieces that I plan to mix and match with my merlot.  I've already tried them together...smashing!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Wine is one of my all time favorite colors to wear in fall especially up near my face.   I love olive too but have to be careful to get just the right shade.