Esteemed Contributor

Re: NOW DB puffer is REALLY on sale

@PINKdogWOOD@Pearlee, I just watched the new video from this morning. They are all cute! And I didn't realize until today that mine has BLUE dogwood in it, lol. I went and looked to see if I had written a review, which I had, and had given it five stars. My only negative comment was about the faux fur strip and that I had taken it off. Here's the funny thing: last week when I was digging through my front coat closet, out popped this sad looking little strip of fur and I wondered what in the heck item that came off of. Now I know! Woman LOL

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack  LOL LOL about the fur strip.  Oh, I remember that review!  I usually don't notice the posters who wrote the reviews when I read them, but I remember that because when I read that review I thought to myself, "I'd probably think the same thing).  I've rarely seen faux fur around any hood that I've actually liked very much.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PINKdogWOOD and @MaggieMack  I ordered the pink. I just hope I made the right color choice.  I'm a little worried that the non-flowers (on it leaves and such in the browns and darker colors) are too dark to go well with the pink, but I'll have to see it in person.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee  Ah, good choice, I think you'll be very pleased with the pink one.  The leaves are a dark green and look good with the shades of pink and a cranberry red too.  It's really very pretty, very true to real life in all of the flowers.

Honored Contributor

I want this jacket, LOL.  But, I just have SO many similar ones.  The blue and purple, I think, are my favs but I love them all.

Enjoy them ladies-they are so pretty! 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  Thanks for your response.  I really do like the red splattered into the pink - that's one reason I chose it over the purple.  That and I think it goes better into spring.And I own a puffer vest in a purple print already (completely different) as I mentioned to MaggieiMack.  But I love the purple!  

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  My puffer jacket was the last of my recent purchases from Q to arrive and I opened it this morning - haven't tried it on yet but will be trying Q purchases on later this afternoon.

So far I think ti's very pretty.  As I thought I might, I do think there is a bit too many dark olive leaves going on with the jacket which is one reason I ddin't purchase it at full price.  But my fear of them actually overpowering the pink flowers was unfounded.  I'm not sorry I ordered the pink.  Will be trying it on after I shower and dress today and tell you whether I'm keeping it or not.  But IMO the pink is a great choice, although I agree with @MaggieMack  you can hardly go wrong with any of the color choices.

Honored Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD  and @MaggieMack   OK I tried on the jacket.  Great fit in my usual size medium -- enough room for sweaters underneath but not too large.   I'm on the fence about keeping this and probably will, but here are my pros and cons:

My biggest issue with this jacket is that lovely as it is, when I put it on me I'm just not sure I feel comfortable wearing all those humongous flowers - the pattern is so "busy."

I've never been shy about dressing dramatically, in fact I do and often with flowy scraves, large jewelry pieces,  and things to draw attention to my clothing. But this is different.  I will feel like a walking flower garden.  I dunno - I loved it online and in the video but when I wear it, it's just "not me."   So that's the major drawback for me.   I also dislike funnel necks and this one comes up really high and I find it uncomfortable around my neck (my chin pokes it since I have a short neck) although I think I'd get used to it.  And the advantage of it is that it would keep my neck warm.   

I agree with @MaggieMack about the faux fur - not good. It reminds me of mice trom the color and texture and it is very faux (I expect more from Dennis the King of Faux Fur!).  If I keep this I'd remove that faux fur ASAP, leaving a nice hood, and I also would anticipate wearing it without any hood.

There is a lot good about this jacket that I like very much. The price makes it one of the best deals on Q I've seen in a long time. It's a great price. I love how lightweight it is yet warm. I was in my underwear on top trying clothes on this afternoon (more reviews to come on LOGO clothes) and as soon as I put the jacket on I warmed up instantly.  Everyone is right - it's a puffer jacket but not at all bulky.  I did have to roll the sleeves up once but when rolled up there is no lining showing - it's still the outside fabric which is great.  I love the ease of the zippers which work really well  (although not the tacky plastic) and esp. the zippered pockets.  I love zippered pockets so I can walk and not feel like I'm losing my gloves or keys or whatever I've put in them.  The length is great and the construction (in at the waist) is very flattering.

For anyone who doesn't mind walking around in a large print, this is a fabulous deal.  I just wonder if I'll feel too self-conscious in it to reach for this jacket, given how much other outerwear I own that I do feel good and confident in.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee, it sounds like the only drawback to this jacket is its "volume." Lol! Maybe because mine is blue, I didn't notice that. But, then again, I've never been shy about bringing attention my way. I have the most awesome puffer coat in, like, aluminum foil coloring. Very attention grabbing. I love it so much, gave one to my sister and I'm pretty sure she never wore hers. You can only do what makes you comfortable, but it sure seems to me the positives outweigh the negatives in this case. 

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@Pearlee, it sounds like the only drawback to this jacket is its "volume." Lol! Maybe because mine is blue, I didn't notice that. But, then again, I've never been shy about bringing attention my way. I have the most awesome puffer coat in, like, aluminum foil coloring. Very attention grabbing. I love it so much, gave one to my sister and I'm pretty sure she never wore hers. You can only do what makes you comfortable, but it sure seems to me the positives outweigh the negatives in this case. 

@MaggieMack   No, it's not the volume and as I posted, I'm not shy about drawing attention to myself; I dress dramatically.   The huge flowers all over the place are just not my style and so it makes me uncomfortable.  And it has nothing to do with the "puffer" part either. Just the huge flowers aren't "me" - even though I liked the jacket on air and on the models.  Just not my style.