Esteemed Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM "thumbs waaaay down"...

@wildcat fan

Thanks wildcat!  I think she should take her snark over to community chat and try to take some other thread down with veiled political barbs. 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

New arrivals...horrendous, and the prices on some of them!!   You could not give these to me...

$700... @Bird mama probably the ugliest shoes yet!

Image result

$1,650...this is my angry face...

Image result

Image result

$1,190...

Gucci Vegas Platform Pump (Women)

$2,055...

Undercover Miles Davis Print Silk Skirt

$2,330...

Image result

Hee-eeelllp meeeee!!

Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@wildcat fan

Thanks wildcat!  I think she should take her snark over to community chat and try to take some other thread down with veiled political barbs. 

I think I post where ever I feel like thank you.  As for the veiled political barb, how about we start with yours.  Feb 7th you liked Nordstrom, betting on the 8th you changed your mind and had to work hard to extract the ugly stuff you posted now.

Reality is there is a market for all sorts of fashions, even the stuff you or I wouldn't wear or even probably wish to see out and about.  They keep the fashions that sell, dump the stuff that doesn't, and try new lines to see how they do.

Trusted Contributor

I am glad that I kept a few outfits from the late 90's - I will be wearing those!  The new "designs" are definitely not for me!  And the prices are not for me either!

Trusted Contributor

Buck-i-Nana,  me thinks thou dost protest too much.  

There is absolutely nothiing wrong with the post of these strange clothes.

Of course, you have a right to post a comment, but for someone like me, your comment DOES sound snarky.  Come on, lighten up. 

This can be a fun place is everyone behaves.

I thank the OP for sharing this unusual garb.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Buck-i-Nana wrote:

@MacDUFF wrote:

@wildcat fan

I think I post where ever I feel like thank you.  As for the veiled political barb, how about we start with yours.  Feb 7th you liked Nordstrom, betting on the 8th you changed your mind and had to work hard to extract the ugly stuff you posted now.

Reality is there is a market for all sorts of fashions, even the stuff you or I wouldn't wear or even probably wish to see out and about.  They keep the fashions that sell, dump the stuff that doesn't, and try new lines to see how they do.

@Buck-i-Nana

OMG.  LOL!  You would lose that bet.  I'll see you and raise you that there would be plenty of women who hang out on the fashion forum who could tell you that Nordstrom is my go-to place to shop.  Since you're such a sleuth, you might want to check out my "likes" thread again and note how many posts I made a week ago, after their decision.  

You might also check out the "What the heck is THIS" thread for dozens of posts by me (since @lolakimono started that thread) of hideous fashions from Nordstrom.

If N made their decision based on politics, they made a mistake...according to the rep I spoke with, hundreds if not thousands of customers were not happy...stupid move to hack off a he%% of a lot of customers.  If their decision was as they stated, they made the right move.

Furthermore, I believe if you check around you'll see that this decision was announced on or about Feb 2nd.

The fact is...you don't know what you're talking about.  Have a great evening.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Respected Contributor

@MacDUFF - If you say so.  Obviously I can't post anything specific and there really is no point to do so anyway, except to say 7:51 AM - 8 Feb 2017.

Hope you find lots of stuff to buy at Nordstrom this year and thank you for piqueing my interest enough to go shopping myself!

Honored Contributor

Those are some doozies and those prices!!!!

The only thing I thought was marginally cute were the black ruffles pants. 

Lol at the Onion comment too!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

It's one thing to have that stuff in the store, but to actually photograph it is something else! No thanks....

Regular Contributor

I LOVE Nordstrom and picked up some great buys with birthday gift certs and will always shop there for some great clothing!!HeartWoman Wink

_13470019.jpg_12165082.jpg

_100416411.jpg_100178016.jpg

_100418423.jpg_100367089.jpg_100440259.jpg