Honored Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM NOTES -- BEWARE

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@sunshine45  Ok got it, thanks!

@Shanus Oh I asked to be transferred to a manager about it alright.  Manager  said unfortunately that's the way they do it.  That's when I said it would be nice if you put it in the fine pirnt somewhere.  I tried the best I could but to no avail.

@SouthFlorida321  Store managers can do nothing...try higher up.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus I did on phone, got nowhere.  She  just said good news and look on  the bright side, the Anniversary sale is coming up!  I wanted them to mail me a card.  But it's ok, will find something on Anniversary.

Honored Contributor

i talked to a relative who is a manager in a nordstrom store.

here is what she said.......

for example:

you buy $60 shoes and use $60 nordstrom notes. you need to return them. she said that they normally give you a gift card back for that amount. SOMETIMES an associate will put it back on your nordstrom card. she said that the money put back on your nordstrom card does not expire, but if you dont use it within 2.5 months, nordstrom will then issue you a check to get your account back to zero.

if you buy shoes that were $70 and use $60 in nordstrom notes and $10 in your nordstrom card, or any other credit card, $10 would go back to your card and $60 would be issued in a gift card with no expiration.

@SouthFlorida321i would definitely speak with someone else regarding your return. if you dont get satisfaction, then just use the credit you have on your card and purchase a nordstrom GIFT CARD that will never expire. if you have a 77.12 credit on your nordstrom card buy a $77.12 gift card.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

for example:

you buy $60 shoes and use $60 nordstrom notes. you need to return them. she said that they normally give you a gift card back for that amount. SOMETIMES an associate will put it back on your nordstrom card. she said that the money put back on your nordstrom card does not expire, but if you dont use it within 2.5 months, nordstrom will then issue you a check to get your account back to zero.

if you buy shoes that were $70 and use $60 in nordstrom notes and $10 in your nordstrom card, or any other credit card, $10 would go back to your card and $60 would be issued in a gift card with no expiration.

@SouthFlorida321i would definitely speak with someone else regarding your return. if you dont get satisfaction, then just use the credit you have on your card and purchase a nordstrom GIFT CARD that will never expire. if you have a 77.12 credit on your nordstrom card buy a $77.12 gift card.

@sunshine45 Thank you.  How do I turn this credit on my account  into a "gift card" if I choose to? By phone?  My notes were for $200.00, the shoes were more and so I now have a $200.00 credit for this 2 1/2 month period on my card to use.  I just might.

But if I don't, please tell me how I turn it into a card.  The manager NEVER mentioned there would be a check mailed to me for $200.00 at the end of the 2 1/2 month time. I would just lose it and then told me to shop the anniversary sale.  The whole thing is bizarre.   I did say to the Manager it would be nice if you would educate your staff on

what the proper protocol for this is. Yikes!

PS.  This is my first year with them being a cardholder.  Asked 3 or 4 associates and they all said I would get my notes back, no problem that's how I got into this mess - believing them.

Honored Contributor

Nordstrom has changed in many ways over the past few years and NOT for the better in my opinion.

This past year there has been quite a few changes I don't feel comfortable with regarding having a Nordstrom Debit/Credit card or a Nordstrom Charge card. Understand that the Debit/Credit card is being phased out; once your card expires, oh well. Either apply for a credit card or you're out of luck.

My Nordstrom Notes are no longer mailed to me but kept in my "folder" so that when I order online or in the store, they'll pop up. But wait! They are NOT kept up to date! If you've used them, they don't always show that so the order will go through (online/over the phone) and 24 hours later, they inform you that your notes have expired so the order has been cancelled. 

Great.

I have ALL returns placed on a giftcard as well as my notes; can't do this anymore because they can't take the notes online and transfer them to a card. Since they expire, this stinks.

I also don't like that by using your name or Nordstrom account card number, they can look at EVERY order you've ever made, who you bought it from, when, where, etc. I don't mind the credit office seeing that info but I don't like the salesperson having that much access to my account/buying habits.

My debit card expires the end of this year. I won't be notified of any sales, I won't earn any notes, etc. It also means I won't be shopping at Nordstroms all that much because, once again, there are other places I can go. 

Retail has turned into a nightmare and it really didn't need to. 

Valued Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@tipsy wrote:

This doesn't have anything to do with returning something bought with Nordstrom Notes.  But my Notes do accumulate & one time the clerk suggested I put the balance on a giftcard.  That way the amount from the Notes never expires & you can add in additional Notes so you don't have a bunch of Notes clogging up your wallet.

@tipsy That's interesting.  Wish someone would have told me that.   I will do this in the future but how do I do it, by calling or online?  Thanks!Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321

i do it in the store. take in my notes and if i am not going to purchase anything i just ask them to put the amount on a gift card. i can then gift the gift card OR use it myself at a later date with no expiration. i can then go back in and add another note onto it if i want to OR just get another gift card. i have been doing this for at least four or five years now.

Yes, this is exactly how I do it too!

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

for example:

@sunshine45 Thank you.  How do I turn this credit on my account  into a "gift card" if I choose to? By phone?  My notes were for $200.00, the shoes were more and so I now have a $200.00 credit for this 2 1/2 month period on my card to use.  I just might.

But if I don't, please tell me how I turn it into a card.  The manager NEVER mentioned there would be a check mailed to me for $200.00 at the end of the 2 1/2 month time. I would just lose it and then told me to shop the anniversary sale.  The whole thing is bizarre.   I did say to the Manager it would be nice if you would educate your staff on

what the proper protocol for this is. Yikes!

PS.  This is my first year with them being a cardholder.  Asked 3 or 4 associates and they all said I would get my notes back, no problem that's how I got into this mess - believing them.

@SouthFlorida321

once you see the credit on your nordstrom card, go into the store and ask to purchase a gift card. if you have $200 credit on your card then ask for a $200 gift card. if you have $213 credit, then ask for a gift card for that amount. your next statement will reflect the gift card purchase and you should then see a zero balance. this way you wont have to wait and you wont have to worry. just dont lose the gift card. Smiley Wink

hope this helps......if not, i will try to explain it further.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Belk has a reward program for the amount you spend, like building up points.  You recieve a $15.00 "Reward".  If you buy an item with the reward and return it, the reward won't be reissued.  

I don't know of anyone who reissues rewards or points.  Talbots and Dillards don't either.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 Thank you so much for telling me how to turn this into a card!Woman Happy That sounds so simple.  What I find really strange about this is after speaking with a manager for about a good 10-15 minutes about this is whole thing and their policy is why did she not just tell me to go to the store and get a "gift card" herself?    How easy would that have been? Yikes.  I feel like calling back tomorrow and telling them I'm buying a gift card with my credit just to see what they say.Cat LOL

Since I have about 60 days I'll wait to check out the great anniversary sale that @Chi-town girl told me all about.  If I don't find anything, will go to store and get that gift card!

Again, thanks for your help.Woman Very Happy