Honored Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM NOTES -- BEWARE

@SouthFlorida321 - there are usually multiple threads - preview, fashion, beauty, shoes, handbags. 

This is my thread from last year

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Fashion/What-s-on-your-list-Nordstrom-Anniversary-Event/m-p/3874908/hig...

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl Thank you I'm going through it and will be on the look out!Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

This doesn't have anything to do with returning something bought with Nordstrom Notes.  But my Notes do accumulate & one time the clerk suggested I put the balance on a giftcard.  That way the amount from the Notes never expires & you can add in additional Notes so you don't have a bunch of Notes clogging up your wallet.

Honored Contributor

Reward dollars (at any retailer) can be tricky with various fine print rules.  I tend to use my reward dollars for things I know I won't return.  But this information is good to know. 

HSN does something similar with VIP Returns.  They refund your S&H as Spendable Kash that expires in a short period of time. 

As soon as I get a Nordstrom Note, I typically use it to buy back ups of cosmetics/beauty items that I know I won't return.

With TJ Maxx, I usually buy household things that I know I won't return because they also give you a gift card for the note.

I know with the new Macy's Rewards, when you return in the store, they give you the money on a gift card.  You used to be able to have the reward dollars go back on your credit card, but the new Rewards program doesn't allow that, so to avoid getting a gift card, I try to do an exchange if I can.  My local Macy's doesn't carry anything other than their store brands, so I only go in there to return what I purchase online.  At some point, they will bar me from this store.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I put my Nordstrom notes on a gift card.  They never expire.  Been doing this for years.

Respected Contributor

Neiman Marcus Gift Card Purchase Perks: Caution Too

Last Christmas I was in the store to purchase a David Yurman item. The signage in the store indicated $100 gift card with $500 jewlery purchase. 

When my receipt was emailed, I asked the sales rep when I would get my gift card. She said those are emailed or mailed about 6 weeks later. I did not receive my gift card and contacted the sales rep who tried to find out why. She emailed and said I needed to contact corp. I sent corp office/ and store manager my proof of purchase and the emails from sales rep.

My response was "too bad you made your purchase before the promotion began." I have been a NM customer for 50 years and I am so unhappy about the CS response." 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tipsy wrote:

This doesn't have anything to do with returning something bought with Nordstrom Notes.  But my Notes do accumulate & one time the clerk suggested I put the balance on a giftcard.  That way the amount from the Notes never expires & you can add in additional Notes so you don't have a bunch of Notes clogging up your wallet.

@tipsy That's interesting.  Wish someone would have told me that.   I will do this in the future but how do I do it, by calling or online?  Thanks!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Neiman Marcus Gift Card Purchase Perks: Caution Too

Last Christmas I was in the store to purchase a David Yurman item. The signage in the store indicated $100 gift card with $500 jewlery purchase. 

When my receipt was emailed, I asked the sales rep when I would get my gift card. She said those are emailed or mailed about 6 weeks later. I did not receive my gift card and contacted the sales rep who tried to find out why. She emailed and said I needed to contact corp. I sent corp office/ and store manager my proof of purchase and the emails from sales rep.

My response was "too bad you made your purchase before the promotion began." I have been a NM customer for 50 years and I am so unhappy about the CS response." 

Neiman's don't price match either. The same earrings I purchased there were discounted at Lord and Taylor. It was a Roberto Coin piece and the manager refused. I returned it on the spot and bought them in Lord and Taylor.

Neiman's have really changed in the past few years. They used to be accommodating but not any more.

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I had quite a few Nordstrom notes available and decided to put them towards a pair of shoes with my Nordstrom card.  The shoes did not fit so I returned them.

I assumed that they would send me a "gift card" for the amount in the mail.  NOPE!

Instead they credited my account for the shoes.  

I was curious and called their 800 number about it.  They do not mail out gift cards for the returned amount or don't put the notes back to your account.  It goes back as a credit  to your Nordstrom card. Ok, fine.  Here's what I want you to beware of.  The "returned credit amount" is only good for 2 1/2 months and then you lose it if not used. 

So don't save it for that more expensive purchase but use it within that 2 1/2 month time frame!  Glad I called!Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321  What? Is that in the tiny print somewhere?

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I had quite a few Nordstrom notes available and decided to put them towards a pair of shoes with my Nordstrom card.  The shoes did not fit so I returned them.

I assumed that they would send me a "gift card" for the amount in the mail.  NOPE!

Instead they credited my account for the shoes.  

I was curious and called their 800 number about it.  They do not mail out gift cards for the returned amount or don't put the notes back to your account.  It goes back as a credit  to your Nordstrom card. Ok, fine.  Here's what I want you to beware of.  The "returned credit amount" is only good for 2 1/2 months and then you lose it if not used. 

So don't save it for that more expensive purchase but use it within that 2 1/2 month time frame!  Glad I called!Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321  What? Is that in the tiny print somewhere?

@Shanus Good question and I told them the same thing that I've never seen this in their "fine" print.  They told me "unfortunately our computers are not that technically savy".  I said you just might want to put that in fine print.  it was a large sum of money,

I could have held on to it untill the end of the year and then gotten a gift card.  I was looking at a bag  that is coming out in the fall/winter.  Oh well, big lesson learned on ths one!