Respected Contributor

I had quite a few Nordstrom notes available and decided to put them towards a pair of shoes with my Nordstrom card.  The shoes did not fit so I returned them.

I assumed that they would send me a "gift card" for the amount in the mail.  NOPE!

Instead they credited my account for the shoes.  

I was curious and called their 800 number about it.  They do not mail out gift cards for the returned amount or don't put the notes back to your account.  It goes back as a credit  to your Nordstrom card. Ok, fine.  Here's what I want you to beware of.  The "returned credit amount" is only good for 2 1/2 months and then you lose it if not used. 

So don't save it for that more expensive purchase but use it within that 2 1/2 month time frame!  Glad I called!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: NORDSTROM NOTES -- BEWARE

@SouthFlorida321

Is that the rewards you get for purchases or is that something that only card holders get? I haven't heard it referred to as notes but I appreciate the heads up!

Fortunately it's very easy for me to find something to purchase at Nordstrom on any given day! LOL as a matter of fact I just got off the phone with them!

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I had quite a few Nordstrom notes available and decided to put them towards a pair of shoes with my Nordstrom card.  The shoes did not fit so I returned them.

I assumed that they would send me a "gift card" for the amount in the mail.  NOPE!

Instead they credited my account for the shoes.  

I was curious and called their 800 number about it.  They do not mail out gift cards for the returned amount or don't put the notes back to your account.  It goes back as a credit  to your Nordstrom card. Ok, fine.  Here's what I want you to beware of.  The "returned credit amount" is only good for 2 1/2 months and then you lose it if not used. 

So don't save it for that more expensive purchase but use it within that 2 1/2 month time frame!  Glad I called!Woman Happy

@SouthFlorida321 -TY for sharing the info. I don't think I've ever returned something that I bought with Notes. 

Good timing for your situation with the amazing Anniversary event only 1 month away Heart I'm confident that you will find a suitable purchase for that credit Woman Wink

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo HAHAHA!!Woman LOL  I know, but just in case your holding out for something...

Yes it's the Nordstrom card "rewards" you see available on your account with expiration date.  What an odd thing, 2 1/2 months.  I was holding out for something, glad I called. Never again.

I told the telephone operator that's kind of strange.  Why would I want to throw away a large sum like I did in  saved up 'rewards" on a shoe designer I've never tried?  I would order a sure bet like perfume or something!!Cat LOL  

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  Your welcome and that's exactly what the telephone operator suggested

I do and I sure will! This is my first year with the card, so still learning.  And I sure did!Cat LOLSmiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@Andreatoo HAHAHA!!Woman LOL  I know, but just in case your holding out for something...

Yes it's the Nordstrom card "rewards" you see available on your account with expiration date.  What an odd thing, 2 1/2 months.  I was holding out for something, glad I called. Never again.

I told the telephone operator that's kind of strange.  Why would I want to throw away a large sum like I did in  saved up 'rewards" on a shoe designer I've never tried?  I would order a sure bet like perfume or something!!Cat LOL  

Kind of puts a dark shadow on their card "rewards."    This is why I no longer have store credit cards.  I can reap rewards from using my own credit card.  

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Respected Contributor

@RoughDraft your right!!!  Well other than those "anniversary" specials I was missing out on.  Not this year though!Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  Your welcome and that's exactly what the telephone operator suggested

I do and I sure will! This is my first year with the card, so still learning.  And I sure did!Cat LOLSmiley Very Happy

OMG @SouthFlorida321 - I can't wait for the Anniversary preview/catalog to drop! I know there are always addtl sale items not included in the catalog, but I always start my shopping list from catalog items.  

Yes, a shopping strategy Woman LOL my 1st order is usually online and then a priority list for in store shopping (multiple days Woman Wink). One of my fav in store days is usually near the end of the event - the fragrance event. They have large containers of fragrances and sample bottles that you can fill Heart lots of beauty samples too. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl Oh I get a catalog too before the whole thing starts?  YEAH, I will look for it!

OMG, thank you for telling me. Now I'm really excited for this event -- beauty and fragrance too, I'm learning and will hold off until then!Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@Chi-town girl Oh I get a catalog too before the whole thing starts?  YEAH, I will look for it!

OMG, thank you for telling me. Now I'm really excited for this event -- beauty and fragrance too, I'm learning and will hold off until then!Woman Very Happy

@SouthFlorida321 yes, you will get a hard copy catalog in the mail.

Plus early access to shop online and in stores. If you have a preferred department like shoes or Saavy, find a sales associate and tell them your interests - brands,  styles etc. They will help you score your list! 

We will have a thread about the event.  We can post photos, pricing info etc., just no links.