Contributor

Re: NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

I think they say that because HSN has free shipping some times, instead on QVC shipping and handling is expensive.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 flaca1401 said:

I think they say that because HSN has free shipping some times, instead on QVC shipping and handling is expensive.

True - and the research shows that free shipping has a special appeal for certain kinds of shoppers.

It tends not to be a lure for me - First I have to want what's being shipped free- that's still the bigger cost.

Honored Contributor

I would have to say, that most of the things I've purchased from HSN didn't come automatically with free shipping.

But they do occasionally offer free shipping coupons to their customers, along with discounts, that we can use on most items (just not the TS)

And just saying...QVC offered free shipping on yesterday's TSV. (so they must also be trying to reach out to "certain types of shoppers"{#emotions_dlg.bored})

Respected Contributor

hsn has cheaper and faster shipping and much faster returns

Trusted Contributor

The only things I've purchased from HSN are:

Nicky Butler jewelry

Jay King jewelry

Korres bath/lotion products

HSN has more deals for their customers. They have flex pay on most everything, no shipping a lot and give coupons to customers via e-mail all the time. QVC's presentations are superior as well as the vendors on the air, but it would be nice to get some customer perks now and then.

Respected Contributor

i ordered a few things from QVC. slow expensive shipping and tax charges add up. why not offer 1/2 price on additional items shipped like HSN? from Q i received an Emjoi epilator which hurts, Emjoi for feet which the rollor wore out in a few uses, and two rings, i like from Michael Dawkins. and a phone. i never order fashions from TV anyway i always was an HSN shopper, the website is fast, if i don't like an item i return it - its processed quickly. the vitamins are exceptional to me because they don't make me ill.

Q charges too much IMO and i cannot listen to any of the hosts for very long. too much Susan Graver sorry.

Trusted Contributor

First, I don't even understand the OP's post! What does that even mean? I buy from both. HSN has some high end vendors, they also have more value pays, much better cleararance prices and faster returns. I always buy my NYDJ jeans from them, especially now that they are almost half price, and Andrew Lessman vitamins.
Esteemed Contributor

On 1/14/2015 kcladyz said:

hsn has cheaper and faster shipping and much faster returns

also they offer a lot of e-z pays....

Respected Contributor

Because variety is the spice of life?

Having the legal choice to shop where I please?

Not being dictated to and told if I like HSN go shop there?

Not needing to explain my shopping preferences to anyone?

Esteemed Contributor

OK, we get it, millie, you LOVE QVC. And you enjoy putting down the competition. So my question, do two whines make a right?

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}