Honored Contributor

NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

IF you like HSN, go shop there. Why would you need two of them?

Honored Contributor

Re: NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

Why do you say that? I shop at both but 97% of the time QVC. I feel like they are definitely more honest than HSN.

Believe me, I buy a lot of things, I know the difference. How things are refunded, the customer service, etc.

I don't want QVC to be the same, but why does the OP think that?

Honored Contributor

I've never seen HSN. How is the q morphing into HSN?

Respected Contributor

I have just started getting HSN on my cable. I don't care for it. Everything looks cheap to me (clothing). I haven't watched much else. It looks like a cheap made tv show to me. I can't tell who is a host & who is a vendor. It's not my thing at all!!

Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the point of this thread is?

I like both sites equally....and buy different products from each.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 annabellethecat said:

Why do you say that? I shop at both but 97% of the time QVC. I feel like they are definitely more honest than HSN.

Believe me, I buy a lot of things, I know the difference. How things are refunded, the customer service, etc.

I don't want QVC to be the same, but why does the OP think

I think that because so many posters come here and complain about QVC and wish it were more like HSN.

I can't think of much of anything I like about HSN and I'm tired of the constant harping that QVC should be more like them.

Instead of just answering the most recent whine, I decided to start my own. To me wanting QVC to be more like HSN would be like me wanting Nordstrom to be more like Macys. No, thank you. There's still room for both so we can choose!

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 TX-starlight said:

I have just started getting HSN on my cable. I don't care for it. Everything looks cheap to me (clothing). I haven't watched much else. It looks like a cheap made tv show to me. I can't tell who is a host & who is a vendor. It's not my thing at all!!

ITA - and I've had HSN available for years and actually ordered from them years back. Yuck. I'm too careful with my money to want to give them another chance. They sound and look every bit as bad to me as they ever did.

If people like what they sell, fine, Go there and buy. Just stop coming to QVC and asking QVC to be more like HSN. Can't thin of why - except ,of course, that qVC outsells HSN by a huge, huge amount. It's always tough to be #2.

Rant over.

Super Contributor

I have good experiences with HSN. And the Q. I buy what I like from whoever has what I want.
Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 dobiesrule said: I have good experiences with HSN. And the Q. I buy what I like from whoever has what I want.

Me, too. I buy from QVC and more elsewhere. Just not HSN because I didn't like the quality of what I did try.

Honored Contributor

On 1/14/2015 TX-starlight said:

I agree about the clothing. I've ordered several things and never kept them. I've seen brightly patterned polyester with two rows of stitching sold as a "dramatic blouse" last summer with a belt made from something a little thicker than model airplane wood! No way! Occasionally they'll carry something like Born shoes, but other than that, forget it!