Honored Contributor

Re: NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

On 1/15/2015 stevieb said:

Actually, I too have been watching and shopping more with HQ lately. And I'd also add I've gone for two of their TSV's (or whatever they call them) in the past week. I can't remember the last time a QVC TSV even tempted me.

I'm sure there will be one this weekend that'll catch your fancy.

Isn't there yet another Dyson TSV? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I'm an equal opportunity shopper. The only station I have given up on is JTV. 3 strikes and they are out for me.

Super Contributor

QVC has the most dowdy ""fashion"" of all the channels. I prefer to shop at brick & mortar stores for clothing. HSN has better prices on goods & often offers free or reduced shipping. HQ offers value pays. Q offers none of that.

Honored Contributor

I never watch HSN, they look like they're presenting in a closet. I am used to the beautiful sets on QVC.

Over the years I may have bought five things from HSN and had to send them all back. IMO everything negative that can be said about QVC is far worse on HSN.

It could be the prices are cheaper, but there is no quality there at all. I do get mad at the Q sometimes, but never enough to send me over to HSN.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I've watched a little HSN, but have not purchased. Nothing interested me.
Super Contributor

On 1/16/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/16/2015 PKB said:
On 1/14/2015 kcladyz said:

hsn has cheaper and faster shipping and much faster returns

They also haver cheaper quality items, especially clothes! I've stopped shopping on HSN, because I end up returning everything I order! Their slinky brand should be really called sleazy! I swear nothing they sell hasn't an ounce of cotton in it!

I would disagree. I think so many of QVC items are so cheaply made. I think HSN quality, for the most part, is superior.

Well, I guess that explains why both of them are still going strong! ;-)

Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 LipstickDiva said:
On 1/15/2015 stevieb said:

Actually, I too have been watching and shopping more with HQ lately. And I'd also add I've gone for two of their TSV's (or whatever they call them) in the past week. I can't remember the last time a QVC TSV even tempted me.

I'm sure there will be one this weekend that'll catch your fancy.

Isn't there yet another Dyson TSV? {#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Oh my! What a sweet surprise! Dyson? Really? On QVC!? Time to stock the gift wing!

{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 PKB said:
On 1/16/2015 winamac1 said:
On 1/16/2015 PKB said:
On 1/14/2015 kcladyz said:

hsn has cheaper and faster shipping and much faster returns

They also haver cheaper quality items, especially clothes! I've stopped shopping on HSN, because I end up returning everything I order! Their slinky brand should be really called sleazy! I swear nothing they sell hasn't an ounce of cotton in it!

I would disagree. I think so many of QVC items are so cheaply made. I think HSN quality, for the most part, is superior.

Well, I guess that explains why both of them are still going strong! ;-)

If they are, I'm not sure there's any rational explanation for it...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/16/2015 jmsmall said:

I watch a lot of jtv.com..they have wonderful jewelry

there and also..HSN has nice kitchen stuff but

I still shop the Q.

I have never shopped jtv.com

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I like QVC studio setting, the hosts and the audio (less scratchy sounding). But I've found that HSN's S&H is often less. I'm thinking that QVC should have 'Free Shipping and Handling' days. Or low S&H days.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).