Honored Contributor

Re: NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

I've seen plenty of harping on QVC, mostly about their exorbitant S&H, but not once have I read it suggested that they behave like HSN?

How boring would that be if we only had a single format in home shopping?

Esteemed Contributor

To me everything looks cheap on HSN - from the host - the products - the stage set - the yelling at the camera - then I switch to QVC and see class: Mary Beth etc. Unfortunately there are a couple of host who aren't...........................you finish the sentence.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy from both QVC and HSN, as well as from ShopHQ/Evine (or whatever it's calling itself now) and JTV too, but only online. I never, ever call in an order any more, even if I happen to be watching live (which is rare).

To me, the channels are pretty much all the same. They are just TV shopping channels, nothing more or less.

I either see something on TV or I browse their site. If I like something, I buy it. If I don't, I move on.

Super Contributor

Competition is good. If you don't like HSN, do not watch it but others do. Perlier, Perlier, Perlier is why I order from HSN. Love, love, love when they offer their specials!!

Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 Andreatoo said:

I've seen plenty of harping on QVC, mostly about their exorbitant S&H, but not once have I read it suggested that they behave like HSN?

How boring would that be if we only had a single format in home shopping?

Oh my, you mean it could be more boring than it already is...?

{#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Contributor

I use a number of online vendors: QVC, HSN, LLBean, ebay, Amazon, Half Price books, Barnes & Noble, Duluth Trading Co., among others. it is convenient to shop online once you get used to what suits you. I have found HSN good to deal with and have bought Twiggy London, Diane Gilman, Tracfone, Wolfgang Puck, Antthony, with very few returns. I even won a $100 credit at the Arcade, which I used to get a great pair of Sporto boots, plus part of a Janome sewing machine. There was a glitch with the sewing machine, but it was resolved and in time for Christmas.

At QVC, I regularly buy Linea, George Simonton and Dennis Basso, some Denim & Co. I shop here for Kitchen Aid, Gordon Ramsey, Lock 'n Lock, RLM and Michael Dawkins. Before I buy anything I look elsewhere online to compare prices and reviews. I have never had a problem if I return an item.

If I had to use just one vendor online, I would not buy much of anything because I like the flexibility of choice. If I like the item, the host doesn't influence me. I have found that HSN has better sales on items that interest me.

Them's my sentiments! *:) happy

Honored Contributor

If you like higher prices. and over the top shipping rates, shop with the Q!!!

Valued Contributor

I usually do more QVC, but I have done more on HSN, sporto boots very cute this year.also Korres bath and body products.
Super Contributor

I don't shop that much with HSN. There are certain brands I like but overall, I think they are not great in some areas. But in some areas better than QVC. Some brands I shop for at QVC because they are only there. But I think QVC really needs to make some changes. So far I haven't seen many things change. I guess we have to wait and see what they will do in 2015.

Honored Contributor

I only buy vitamins at HSN, but Shop Hq is the up and coming home shopping channel. They have some higher end products and I really like watching their hosts,the only one who could get on my nerves might be Connie Kunkel. Connie is trying to imitate the QVC hard sell hosts, not a good idea. QVC former CEO is their new CEO and so far they love him there.