Honored Contributor

Re: NO, NO, I don't want QVC to be like HSN. No, No.

I shop both and like both. HSN clothing isn't as conservative for the most part and they offer more wide width shoes. QVC has a better makeup selection as well as kitchen stuff. Both offer some great things. No need to compare and say one is better all around for me!

Honored Contributor

So.......if you are loyal to Macy's, you won't set foot inside Dillards? I like to look around and compare...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

Years ago QVC was the better shopping channel. They had better programming, merchandise and hosts. Now the tables have turned and I feel HSN is better overall in all those categories.
Respected Contributor

I'll buy from HSN on occasion. I will say their sets leave a lot to be desired. Makes the hosts/vendors look like they're in a warehouse.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

I like to shop from all three channels. Depends on what I'm buying. HSN customer service couldn't be better. Do like QVC's makeup better. All depends on the item.

Honored Contributor

I mostly buy scrapbooking supplies from HSN…..and plenty of it!!!! I like the way they do their shipping charges. Their TS's are much more a value than most of QVC's TSV's. And their computer system seems much more sophisticated than QVC's…. far fewer (if any) glitches and breakdowns, etc. But I still do more shopping on QVC than I do on HSN.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I almost never watch HSN. Still, the ways in which I'd like to see QVC emulate HSN are with more EP options, with occasional real sale prices and with lower shipping costs. Otherwise, I don't see anything stellar about HSN to copy. That said, I also don't think the current QVC, particularly the on-air operation, has much to offer. The programming is dismal. Even on-line the product mix isn't nearly what it used to be. From where I sit, they could both use a serious overhaul, though I still think QVC is probably the better of the two.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 magicmoodz said:

OK, we get it, millie, you LOVE QVC. And you enjoy putting down the competition. So my question, do two whines make a right?

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

L o l Too funny magic Smiley Happy I love hsn and don't think they have trashy items at all. I find hsn to have far more updated fashions, better prices, lower shipping costs, more free shipping offers and faster returns. Qvc has some nice items too, but they keep recirculating and replenishing denim and company items from over a decade ago. Oftentimes the prices are higher 5 years after they are first offered which is a joke. Hsn clearances items out and offers great prices.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

If the Q starts playing frenetic music like the other one, MUTE will need to continually be implemented.

ITA the fashions seem re-cycled

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

On 1/15/2015 magicmoodz said:

OK, we get it, millie, you LOVE QVC. And you enjoy putting down the competition. So my question, do two whines make a right?

{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}{#emotions_dlg.lol}

With all due respect, that does often rather seem to be the case... doesn't it!?

In my pantry with my cupcakes...