Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

I've replaced my tank tops for layering as a season goal from last year and on my sticky note.

@Shanus 

I've bought a few things online since being stuck at home. I actually bought several things in person in early March before things shut down. I don’t need anything else, but there have been so great bargains out there. See my note below. 

@ECBG 

I ordered a few tank tops in white, navy, and black from Kohl’s a couple weeks ago. Croft and Barrow brand - only $4.98 each! 

@wilma The linen tanks I got at J Jill look so nice.  I'll be able to wear them everywhere.  Sometimes when I went out, went to craft shoes, got into a parked car, whatever, cotton knit seemed hot.

Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE CLOTHING BUYS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

Are you still purchasing summer clothes?

@Shanus  After working from home for two months (bought some fun, comfortable work from home clothes but none to wear in public), I had to go back to the office on Tuesday. I’ve started buying a few things for work. I do not feel safe at work. 

I fully expect to be working from home again soon if we’re not all dead. No one here (central Florida) wears masks or practices social distancing. My mask is the only one I have seen at work. At least I have my own office and can close the door. 

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

@Shanus  After working from home for two months (bought some fun, comfortable work from home clothes but none to wear in public), I had to go back to the office on Tuesday. I’ve started buying a few things for work. I do not feel safe at work. 

I fully expect to be working from home again soon if we’re not all dead. No one here (central Florida) wears masks or practices social distancing. My mask is the only one I have seen at work. At least I have my own office and can close the door. 

@willdob3   I feel badly you're in that situation. Stay safe.

Respected Contributor

I lost weight over the winter and my spring/summer clothes were hanging on me. So I have replaced basic tees and summer pants. I actually did most of this in February in anticipation of an early March tropical vacation. I took advantage of QVC sales. Now that I’m staying home, I can make do with what I have.

Honored Contributor

@Lisa Y wrote:

@Shanus   Hi Everyone.  I love to shop in clothing stores and this virus has put a screeching halt to that. On the plus side, I have saved lots of money and lost about 5 lbs. (Less snacking these days).  I have tried on all my crop and Capri pants recently. I had a total of 30 (yikes!) pair so no need to shop. I am donating 9 crop pants and three of my old favorites fit me again.  If I see something that I reallly really like, I will buy it. But like everyone else, I have nowhere to go.   Stay safe and healthy!

@Lisa Y 

I'm just happy to hear someone else is losing weight besides me! LOL I'm pretty sure it's the anxiety and stress for me anyway

Respected Contributor

I have done enough damage for now.  I cleaned out closets and moved out older items and started buying some new pieces but I am done. 

I am still working but only place I go right now.  I'm trying to purchase more pieces I can use with more things.  

No more until the fall and winter for me.

Honored Contributor

ordered shorts week ago still in processing. Probably can't cancel

Respected Contributor

Re: NO MORE CLOTHING BUYS

[ Edited ]

A super good point Shanus!  Q keeps presenting these dressy clothes and I can't go anywhere- Husband has said forget about going out dinner. I work from home.  New clothes are pointless. Everything I bought in the last 2 months is unworn... Shoes too!  No more. 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo   Haha! Yes, nothing like a stress and anxiety diet. 🥴

Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@willdob3 -I'm so sorry about your work situation.  I don't work anymore, but I know that I would be very nervous about working in the office. Take care. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?