Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE CLOTHING BUYS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus If I "fall in love" it's unlikely that item will be reappearing.  Once it's gone, it's gone.  That turquoise skirt set in the other thread is an example.

I've gotten some cute sandals (and didn't get some to consignment).

I've replaced my tank tops for layering as a season goal from last year and on my sticky note.

I'll likely be at work in a week.  They're open, I'm just not in yet.

Esteemed Contributor

I am still buying things for summer, but I am done now.  I got some great deals on polo tops and tee shirts from Lands' End, all supima cotton too.  I also bought some nice dresses from Lands' End.  I got a few things from QVC, but frankly I was bit disappointed in their summer clothing styles.  Not much caught my attention.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

I have purchased a number of cotton, elastic-waist capris from ebay. I like the way they feel--I don't want spandex!

I also have purchased some cotton T-shirts from Gildan.

Trusted Contributor

I am all ready and no where to go.

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Respected Contributor

Like a few others, I have been taking advantage of the great sales at Talbots to purchase some basics (denim shirt, knit pants, dress, lightweight jacket, etc.).They will get worn eventually! Same with shoes.

Honored Contributor

since i am doing some purging of items that i dont wear anymore, i have also been replacing some of them with new items. so yes, i am still doing SOME shopping. i actually picked up two LOGO tanks today from qvc.....each were under $12 on lunchtime specials.

still trying to give away more than i am purchasing though.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I bought a few pairs of shorts and bras from Penney's to wear around the house but otherwise nothing. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: NO MORE CLOTHING BUYS

[ Edited ]

Yes, I have bought some new clothes for summer. I bought some new blue pattern capri leggings from Walmart Canada and then went back and got a tank top to layer over them. I am doing physio back in a sports medicine clinic and wanted to wear some new clothes in there!. The Walmart dressing rooms are closed so I just held up the leggings and guessed about the size and luckily I was right about the size I picked. I've also bought swimwear (again by guessing the sizes) as they are half off, and various T shirts to layer over leggings.

I bought a blue Wonderbra style 1550 bra from Hudson's Bay store but the dressing rooms are closed and I already own this bra in othe colors so I didn't need to try it on.

I probably will not be buying any new summer sandals or shoes though. I need to try on shoes for fit and either the stores don't have a good selection (they didn't get in any new stock) or it's hard to actually go into thte store because of social distancing. Most of the shoe stores in the mall only allow 6 or 7 people including the staff at a time. It's not like I need new shoes as I have a lot of sandals and clogs. One of the shoe stores I used to visit also entered bankruptcy and closed their stores so that's one less store to visit for shoes. After seeing the overcrowding and the long lineups to pay for stuff at a Winners store in Canada (owned by TJX), I won't be back anytime soon and that was also one of the stores I liked for buying shoes. I refuse to shop at a store that does not take social distancing seriously and so far Winners is the only store that I've seen that doesn't.

Respected Contributor

I purchased a few summer items from specials early in the season from QVC & HSN . I do not need any item except underwear and maybe some new sandals. I like white sandals occasionally in summer and unpacked the ones from last year and the cloth parts had yellowed so they will be demoted to around the house . 

I shifted what spending I do to paint, new bed linens, and other decorative items for house . I am trying to accomplish those things that I have put off doing and improve my personal scenery . Now is the time.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I've replaced my tank tops for layering as a season goal from last year and on my sticky note.

@Shanus 

I've bought a few things online since being stuck at home. I actually bought several things in person in early March before things shut down. I don’t need anything else, but there have been so great bargains out there. See my note below. 

@ECBG 

I ordered a few tank tops in white, navy, and black from Kohl’s a couple weeks ago. Croft and Barrow brand - only $4.98 each!