Honored Contributor

@Shanus   Yes I have purchased but going forth I don't plan on getting much of any clothing!  Like you, where the heck am I going?!

We're still in lock down and will be soon going to "Phase Yellow" (from red)....but still can't go almost anywhere.  The big difference is that more retail stores will be allowed to open and kids can go to camp (with lots of restrictions...but has nothing to do with me).

I can't go to a restaurant (even outdoors) but I did get take out with a friend and met up in a common area away from people which was very pleasant since the weather that day (last week) was perfect...it has since been very rainy & humid.

Here in PA it's hard to now go to the beach since NJ doesn't want out of state visitors, but we have state parks which will be open.  However there will be a lot of restrictions...I don't mind wearing a mask for a quick run into the supermarket, but I can't imagine going to a park or beach to sit outdoors wearing one.  I might as well be wearing a winter coat if I'm required to wear a mask outdoors in heat & humidity so we probably will just go to the backyard.

Sorry for the long ramble & vent!

Honored Contributor

@ShanusToday is a special day for me -  my last EZP will go on my credit card today -  it's only a little over $7, so it's more symbolic than anything.  I had thought I was done buying clothing for the rest of 2020 already on that day in February when I saw a Halston tank that seemed to be an exact match for a shirt jacket already hanging in the closet with tags on it. TY, QVC!

In January and February I'd shopped a lot locally, finally setting up a new collection of clothes that fit.  I never expected they'd still have tags on them still in June, but they do.  If I shopped now, I'd be buying clothes I don't need with money I don't have to waste.  I still have no idea when or where I'll go in those clothes.

I am pessimistic not so much for everybody, but I am for me -  for those of us who are older, who often spent many hours a week in rooms filled with others where no medical expert is saying "Go." 

I'm not asking "Where is the government allowing me to go?"  I'm asking myself "Where do you feel safe going?"   Certainly no place where I need new clothes or accessories!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm wearing my old clothes to walk dogs and grocery shop. 
 No new jewelry since metal picks up virus. 
 No new Christmas or other decorations since I'm the only one here and will enjoy my old ones. 
  No new perfume, or make up  people can't smell perfume with masks on. 
   I'll save a lot of money for food!

Honored Contributor

No, I have alot of summer clothes and I am not going anywhere to wear anything fashionable--will wear what I have. and I have year round clothes to wear so really no reason to buy new and I totally agree---I think this pandemic will be around for at least another year and prob get even worse in the fall and winter. 

Honored Contributor

Re: NO MORE CLOTHING BUYS

[ Edited ]

@Shanus 

I'm taking advantage of the quarantine lemons and making lemonade!.  

I have the time to do this stuff!

Altering

I lost some weight and my pants are too big from waist to upper thigh - so I'm taking them in.  I donated the ones that weren't worth altering and still have a big pile of summer pants.  

Some pants have to be shortened.  Now that I'm thinner, they hang longer. 

Embellishing

For the cotton tees I'm keeping,  I'm adding some crochet borders around the crew neck and on some - also on the sleeve edge.  

I was going through my sewing stuff and found all sorts of lace edging, rickrack, etc. that I'm going to use on some of those tees.

I have a collection of denim and chambray shirt's that I bought specifically to embellish with some freeform pieces.

Honored Contributor

I have lost any interest in buying clothes.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

I've stopped purchasing any new clothing. June, July and August and then fall clothes again. NC still in Phase 2. I still have nowhere to go to wear new things I purchased.

Hate to sound like a pessimist, but this pandemic will still be around for quite awhile. 

Are you still purchasing summer clothes?

----

My county's numbers keep rising although my state overall is in Phase 2. We are likely to move to Phase 2 in my county next Friday. So, I will not be going out and about for some time. I do not need anything I do not already have.

Before I resolved not to buy clothing for me, I made the mistake of ordering a top for Memorial Day on May 10. That order just shipped yesterday and, although the warehouse is 50 miles away, my package is at some location in NJ. I will return the top.  I did order some gifts for others. The gifts are  " pick me ups" ( yes, even summer clothes) for friends, and one item I ordered I will use as a birthday gift for my sister's 2021 birthday. 

i try not to be pessimistic-- just realistic.  The pandemic has helped me be more thoughtful before I purchase, reassess what I thought I needed, and to appreciate what I already have. 

Honored Contributor

@haddon9   Hello. Yes, the state to state regulations make it difficult to know what's allowed where. A few stores at our malls opened today, but with so many conditions...can shop online much easier. Mask is suffocating in NC heat/humidity, but no choice if want to get "out". I'm still not trusting restaurants yet and as long as I see people w/o masks in drugstores, groceries, etc. my freedom is somewhat limited, too. Looks like a long, hot, boring summer ahead and just hope fall/winter doesn't bring any surprises we aren't ready to handle.

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

No, I have alot of summer clothes and I am not going anywhere to wear anything fashionable--will wear what I have. and I have year round clothes to wear so really no reason to buy new and I totally agree---I think this pandemic will be around for at least another year and prob get even worse in the fall and winter. 

@wagirl   Although I understand your fears, I hope I'm safely out and about come fall/winter!!!! 

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Shanus 

I'm taking advantage of the quarantine lemons and making lemonade!.  

I have the time to do this stuff!

Altering

I lost some weight and my pants are too big from waist to upper thigh - so I'm taking them in.  I donated the ones that weren't worth altering and still have a big pile of summer pants.  

Some pants have to be shortened.  Now that I'm thinner, they hang longer. 

Embellishing

For the cotton tees I'm keeping,  I'm adding some crochet borders around the crew neck and on some - also on the sleeve edge.  

I was going through my sewing stuff and found all sorts of lace edging, rickrack, etc. that I'm going to use on some of those tees.

I have a collection of denim and chambray shirt's that I bought specifically to embellish with some freeform pieces.

@ALRATIBA   That's a great talent and handy for sure. I can sew on buttons and sew minor repairs if it's on the inside of a seam...That's about the limit of my expertise.