Honored Contributor

Re: NO AMS- CIJ Programming, 7/13

@LTT1   not yet.  I don't know if it's male or female so I am thinking about a gender neutral name that will suit it for the short term that I expect it to be here.

I'm just grateful it made through the night.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good morning, all ...

NO NO NO to CIJ ...  I was up all night again ... not being able to sleep, so I hunt for bargains which I don't need.   Next week I'll be heading to UPS to return stuff. 

Respected Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@LTT1 

This week was the last week of writing, and each day was a different "spirit day."

On Monday it was dress like your favorite game piece.  I made a custom outift from things I sourced from the thrift store.  

20190705_114456.jpg

20190705_114331.jpg

How many people are you? @lolakimono 

Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@LTT1   not yet.  I don't know if it's male or female so I am thinking about a gender neutral name that will suit it for the short term that I expect it to be here.

I'm just grateful it made through the night.

@Bird mama 

I left this for you on the Bird forum ... this is so you!

Slide 34 of 35: A volunteer from the "Goupil" association feeds young birds with tweezers at the Wildlife Hospital in Laroque, France, on July 8, 2019. Since the end of June, a heat wave has hit France and other parts of Europe, and the small team at the Laroque Wildlife Hospital has been receiving and treating hundreds of animals affected by the unprecedented temperatures.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I posted a picture of the young pigeon in the July Bird's Nest thread in Among Friends.  In the event you are inclined to go over there and look at it - here's the public service announcement first....

The bird is primarily white and feathers have been plucked out of it's body.  I've rehabbed a bird that looked worse after a hawk attack.  That said, my newest patient's skin is very red where there used to be feathers. (the bird is not bleeding).

Feather development in a bird is an uncomfortable experience for them even though it is a natural process.  Having raised naked babies I can tell you first hand that the feather quill pierces the skin so the feathers can grow out.

When they replace feathers annually it's like when we were kids and our baby teeth got loose and fell out because the secondary set was growing in.

That's not what happened to my patient and it's skin is irritated.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Justice4all 

I'm not sure I understand your question.

I made a T-shirt and a "statement" necklace for myself for spirit week.  The feet in the picture are from a helper kitty.

Honored Contributor

Good morning everyone. I can't stand CIJ or the idea of it. Ugh.

I tried on a red Calvin Klein dress in Marshalls Thursday. Fell in love with it. It had structured tulip short sleeves and a slight mermaid fit on the bottom. Midi dress. It was only $40. I talked myself out of buying it and now I wish I had. It's a $20 train ride back to the same Marshalls. I have a couple of other Marshalls I could check.

I can only find the shorter version online. The 8 is form fitting and I did have a shaper on that day. It's a thicker fabric that doesn't show everything.

I bought a leather jacket from Zulily that I had been eyeing for $82 this week (discounted from 190) so I was trying to be disciplined and not buy the dress too.

It's just way too hot and it's going to be that way all next week too.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

Oh that poor little dear creature.

So glad he/she made it through the night. 🐦 

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Won't even turn it on this weekend.  Junk sale.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Saturday!

I am watching some CIJ, some DV, some ITK.  Tying up loose ends around the house, enjoying my summer garden.  It's sunny after some hard rains.  Many things are blooming and the black eyed susans are ready to burst.

I'm seeing lots of birds, skinks, spiders, bees, butterflies, toads.  Things are in harmony until an unwanted predator shows up (neighbor feeds) but the German Shepherd is a great chaser.

I hope everyone has a lovely day, free of trouble and undue stress.  I just read about "Niksen", a Dutch practice of doing nothing.  I'm pretty good at that!

Cogito ergo sum