Super Contributor

Re: NO A.M. Style (Live) Chat, 7:00, 7/31

GOOD morning, SS.  Took my time getting here today as I saw the program schedule. Ho-hum on Christmas in July. Enough already.   Ordered the Earth Origins TSV shoe last week and they arrived this week. Shipping is improving. Now to weather proof the suede before the nasty weather approaches. 

SIL received his stem cells last Thursday. He is now home and doing the 4+ hour treatment daily at the hospital. He is isolating at home so dropped off food supplies at door. 

Great cooler weather in SW PA today. Great day to go watch GD compete in a travel softball tournament. Finally she's not too far away this weekend so we can see her play.  Good times.

Honored Contributor

So American West had a big deal this week and I thought about the multicolor option when I first saw the item online.

product thumbnail

Wouldn't you know, life got in the way and I forgot about the big deal until the multicolor option in the length I wanted (20) was on waitlist.  I was unsure about getting on the waitlist and I kept thinking - it's more pastel Bernie and really how much do you think you will wear it?

To that end I decided on the picture jasper in the 20 inch.  Now, in all the years I've been buying Carolyn's jewelry (started with Sincerely Southwest line) she's made necklaces in 17 and 19 inches.  For a while the 17 inch version of the big deal was described online and in presentations as 18 inches.  The Q fixed the item description as the big deal day wore on.

I ordered the 20 inch picture jasper but I'm expecting it to be 19 inches (which I can still live with).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@LTT1   pretty bracelet and swimsuit

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono @Bird mama @Whispergirl @Snicks1 @Carolina925 

Ok, two "guy" stories... @lolakimono will understand the implications here...

Herbie Hornblower... a resident who lives in my building and practices learning some sort of "horn". 
Was walking out the other day and didn't even recognize that it was him.  Had never seen him up close. He was walking out with a woman who was either his wife or mother. I thought they were a COUPLE at first, but no I don't think so. The funny thing is, I have a history of sorts with him... he GLARED at me when I first moved in for parking in HIS SPACE. Misunderstanding because office had given me the wrong spot.

Turns out he wears a hairpiece (apparently to work) and I didn't recognize him without it! LOL

Burly motorcycle guy (whose apartment sounds I hear every now and then) lives directly above me...😱 

He had just gotten home from work one day and was walking along looking down very dejectedly! He obviously did not want to be acknowledged. Very sad. I wonder if he lost his girlfriend...I have not seen her there for a long time.

Speaking of looking younger LOL or trying...I purchased this and it works!

Genie wrinkle erase!

It was presented one day on QVC and when they said it can be mixed with your makeup, I was in!

11B653FF-77C3-4955-BA39-C54B9ED392B5.jpeg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Oh yea @LTT1   You come across all kinds of people when you are in apartment or what I called 'shared' living spaces.  When my late sister decided to sell her house in 2015 and move into an apartment/townhouse situation I said, uh you sure you want to do that?  She had gone from living at home to living in her own home (her entire life).  I had experienced apartment/townhouse living Woman Wink  and I also knew my sister's personality.  

It's hard because walls aren't made as thick as they used to be in the old days.  When you are in the upstairs unit you have to tiptoe around at night so as not to sound like a truck-horse to the neighbor below.  When you are the downstairs unit - you hear and feel it all.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I do love your AW necklace!

It was hard during the week to resist so many beautiful choices, but resist I did. Great values on tanzanite! In many instances, it seemed like "pink" gemstones sold out quickly.

Thank you for the bathing suit compliment!

At my pool, there are beautiful sun worshippers and I decided that I'm not going to go there (especially on weekends) unless I can look the part!

Gaining and losing weight is apparently hard on the body and this happened all year long! Skin now has ripples (or something) that it never had before. 

And even though swim season may be over pretty soon, having the right suit should be an incentive to continue working on all that.

New exercise classes at BARRE PITTSBURGH are fun but rather grueling. On a positive note, after only 2 sessions there, "things" are already showing progress!

There are muscles now where they SHOULD be.

Honored Contributor

@LTT1  Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono @Bird mama @1 DancinQueen @Whispergirl @Snicks1 

For anybody who is not completely sick of COVID discussion, my derm predicts that there will be quite an upsurge in cases seen this fall. 
She admonished me to continue wearing a face mask (right).

She has a little one at home and worries about bringing it home to him, so I understand.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@lolakimono   is the D o c t o r   letting you in with mr handsome and ms fancy feet or do you have to hand them over in a parking lot?

@Bird mama 

I believe they are now letting us in, per their latest correspondence.

I did find out this morning that the highway is CLOSED today, so it's back roads for us.  It is about a 20 minute ride on the highway.  Fun stuff.

Ms. Fancy Feet is a bit of a yodeler in the car.  Two years ago she was so "chatty" in the waiting room that they sprayed a towel with Feliway and draped the carrier like a birdcage. Cat Embarassed

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I may give the style (574) a try.  Thanks @lolakimono 

@Bird mama 

I sent you a link on FB RE the history of NB, because I know you like to be informed.