Honored Contributor

Re: NEW SPRING CLOTHES?

[ Edited ]

It is in the 30s here in Florida right now... I still need a couple long-sleeved t-shirts (JCP here I come!) to see me through unless it warms up very soon. This time of year I tend to need warm clothes but I hesitate to buy them because it will be hot & humid any minute. 

I'm looking forward to shopping for spring basics on sale at a few local stores. But I can wait a month, I think. I don't pay much attention to when the clothes actually arrive for a season. I think it tends to happen gradually, though the shopping channels do tend to assign a day or two to officially launch new clothes for each season.

Honored Contributor

@scraphappy wrote:

Anyone know or recall when QVC starts rolling out the 2016 spring clothes?  TIA

QVC starts selling spring/summer clothes in February.  The hosts start wearing white jeans, ankle pants and sandals and they go full on spring/summer.  I remember because I always start grumbling about them selling spring clothing in the middle of winter....lol

Honored Contributor

This morning I heard a host talking about some new styles they were showing. She was calling them transitional. 

Esteemed Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

This morning I heard a host talking about some new styles they were showing. She was calling them transitional. 

@willdob3

New styles?  On the Q!?  This I have to see.  Can you tell us which show, will?

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@willdob3

New styles?  On the Q!?  This I have to see.  Can you tell us which show, will?

Don't recall the name of the show but it was this morning. Liz Claiborne fashions were on. 

Honored Contributor

Re: NEW SPRING CLOTHES?

[ Edited ]

In the past they had a designer spring fashion day in Feb. I don't know what they are planning this year. 

ETA: I saw a short sleeve top in a D & Co. show a few days ago. 

Honored Contributor

I tend to wait til we go home to Pa in May or June to buy any significant amount of clothes because there is no sales tax on clothing in Pa. I do buy something occasionally here in Florida but not a lot. I buy my shoes here because there is a store that carries my 2 favorite brands : Clarks and Ryka.

Honored Contributor

It should be any day now.

Gardening shows are on.  I hear them talk about transitional styles now.