Honored Contributor

NEW Obsession... Vintage anything...

[ Edited ]

pinterest 500 pix.jpgbonavista castle netherlands.jpgaustria.jpga touch of fall blog 3.jpgcfrey sheer lace top.jpgcfreyvintage gray dress.jpgguest room.jpgcfreyvintage dress.jpgcanvas leather via tumblr.jpgcfreyvintage lazy by the water.jpgcfrey cup and saucer vintage tumblr.jpgcfreyvintage white and pink kitchen.jpglooking out the window quaint.jpgfaraway places france.jpgcfreyvintage arm warmer.jpgcfrey vintage village.jpgitaly.jpgladyfinger dessert via tumblr.jpgwales bonavista.jpg

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Super Contributor

Re: NEW Obsession... Vintage anything...

I especially love that white counterpane in the first picture. I can't tell if its knitted or crochet but its lovely.

Honored Contributor

image.jpgLove this! The artist is Aimee of the blog: A Time 4 All Seasons http://atime4allseasons.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/rebekahs-flower-afghan.html?m=1

Honored Contributor

Love the pics! Thank you so much for sharing them! I don't know if the castle and balcony scenes are from France, but it brings back memories of my college semester there - the cake too - oh those patisseries! I love the model's lace jacket and the way she styled her watch and bracelets. One thing I've always thought about the French - they know style, and they do it with such ease and simplicity. I inherited teacups that look like the one in one of your pics. And I would love to have a room like the first pic. Someday I hope to have a room where I can hang DD's baptism gown. It was worn only once before in England by her great-grandfather's cousin. DS didn't wear it because he couldn't fit into it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@beach-mom

I believe most of these are French... They are from various blogs. 

I have not been, but these beautiful pictures make me want to get away!

Honored Contributor

I always wanted a French Country look to my home. It didn't turn out that way for various reasons, but I'll never stop dreaming about it! 

I loved it there. I hope someday to get my own family there too. I hope you get to go sometime! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I like a touch of vintage here and there, in my case Spanish colonial.  I do think it can be overdone, especially if you're not in the right locale.  All those textiles smell kind of mildewy to me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I went through a vintage stage.  After I moved, I had a tag sale and moved it out.  I am more pottery barn catalogue these days.  I still like vintage, but it didn't work in the new house.

Honored Contributor

Here's one that would be easy for you to replicate:

Vintage window cabinet.jpg

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Years ago I spent some time in Europe, I became obsessed with the doors; doors to homes, fence doors (gates) cathedrals, etc. They are awesome, I had a whole photo file full of pix of just the doors. Was going to make a collage of them to frame in a distressed frame and hang on my wall. Unfortunately I had not put it on a cd and lost them when my computer crashed. Wish I still had those photos.
"To each their own, in all things".