Super Contributor

Re: NEW FALL/WINTER PANTONE COLORS

The spring/summer Pantone color was to be a coral shade. I thought oh great my favorite color!  But the items in the stores really didn't reflect that.  I was disappointed.

As far as colors being dictated for fall, my Mother always said - "Don't wear whats in fashion - wear what looks good on you.

Respected Contributor

Looks nice. I'm looking at my things to see if I have any that appear similar. Dark red is a good color for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@pegomyheart-- I agree with your mother!

Like others said, if I wear red, it has to be a blue-red.   Orangey-spicey colors don't do my complexion any favors.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Who won't wear a certain color? Really? There's not a color that I wear everything! There isn't a color on the spectrum that doesn't look good. Try it, you'll like it.

@ID2   I respectfully disagree. Not everyone can wear all colors well. It depends on skin tone, hair color, etc. 

Honored Contributor

@pegomyheart wrote:

The spring/summer Pantone color was to be a coral shade. I thought oh great my favorite color!  But the items in the stores really didn't reflect that.  I was disappointed.

As far as colors being dictated for fall, my Mother always said - "Don't wear whats in fashion - wear what looks good on you.

@pegomyheart   I’m beginning to think stores are getting smarter, looking at all the flops on their sale racks each season and then assessing what not to reorder. Women, in general, tend to build a wardrobe of staples, not add funky, one season colors and prints.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

Who won't wear a certain color? Really? There's not a color that I wear everything! There isn't a color on the spectrum that doesn't look good. Try it, you'll like it.

@ID2   I respectfully disagree. Not everyone can wear all colors well. It depends on skin tone, hair color, etc. 

@Shanus @ID2 I have to agree with @Shanus .  I have color coded too many and have seen the shadows come up on too many faces.  

When I am draped, my changes are so profound, they can be seen at the back of a room.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

@Shanus, you are correct.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@ID2 wrote:

The only colors I've seen on people that do not look good are pale colors on pale people, and bright yellow on a pale person.   I happen to love chili pepper.  I'm one of those pale people with green eyes and I get compliments when I wear chili pepper.

Honored Contributor

For all the hoopla over this color choice, I never have seen it  reflected in any clothing I buy

One year purple was supposed to be big ,and I never saw 1 purple garment

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

For all the hoopla over this color choice, I never have seen it  reflected in any clothing I buy

One year purple was supposed to be big ,and I never saw 1 purple garment

@cherry I waited for that purple (only a very few years ago, 2?) and also the forest green.  We seem to always consistently be flooded with orange.