Honored Contributor

Re: NEW FALL/WINTER PANTONE COLORS

@shoesnbags Sometimes good, tried and true theories and items are left behind because they're around a number of years.  I think color theory had the "time out" phonemine occur.

Colors are absolute.  We can see the presence of yellow in orange.  No dispute.

Why is it that an olive complexion draped in yellow looks horrible?  100 years later, there won't be a change.

Color theory is absolute.   The method of emotional type indicating season makes no sense.   The law of averages will give a few accurate results, but it's default. 

Personality types cross all complections and can't match colors to anyone accurately. 

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

I think I saw Chili Pepper as the Fall color.

@riley1   I assume that’s a red w/ an orange cast. I can’t do that...oh well. 

@Shanus They've just cut out roughly 85% of the population!

I love orangey-reds and they look better on me!  I was so excited to see the coral Pantone this year -- most reds that QVC sells are blue-reds, which  don't look good on me.

Those of us in the 15% deserve a few crumbs every few years!  lol 😄

Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@riley1 wrote:

I think I saw Chili Pepper as the Fall color.

@riley1   I assume that’s a red w/ an orange cast. I can’t do that...oh well. 

@Shanus They've just cut out roughly 85% of the population!

@ECBG 

Are you saying that only 15% of the population can wear reds with an orange cast?  That's the best kind of red for me (a Spring, so I'm pale but yellow toned rather than pink toned).  Reds with blue in them don't flatter me at all.  Just surprised that you feel so few people can wear orange reds. 

@shoesnbagsMy reference (Carole Jackson) is that roughly 85% of the population are winters.  Elizabeth Taylor is the most obvious hair complection combination.  Additionally, many of those would be olive, still more African American.  Most of these people tell you they can't wear yellow based colors because they turn sallow.  

Yellow based red, (tomato red) looks best on Autumn and Spring.

I am a very light winter and can wear the lightest shades of lemon, as well as most of Summer's colors, but I do look best in winter's jewel tones.