Honored Contributor

My talbots slacks came today

I am very pleased. They fit just perfectly. I will say .I have ordered heaps online, and have never had to send anything back. I know I pay for shipping, but it is nice to have a garment ,that I know hasn't been worn, by anyone else. They are all beautifully packaged

The pants are navy blue, with are a slim leg with a small cuff. The pockets have a scalloped edge, and a front zipper. They are machine wash tumble dry, and have a bit of stretch in them

I think they are suitable for year round wear

We were at and Indian restaurant on Sunday, and I got a spot of turmeric ,on one of my new popovers. I was just sick. That stuff is so hard to get out of clothing. I used stain stick ,and tide, more than once ,on it ,and finally took a tiny bit of diluted bleach and brushed the spot. I had nothing to lose. It came out, but from now on I am wearing a black top, when I eat there, just to be on the safe side

I was so upset, when I thought I couldn't get the spot out. I bought another white popover on Sunday. They were still on sale. It is an identical style. to my other 2, in a different color, and is no iron...I love the others so much, I was glad to get a spare white one

The one that got stained ,is not being sold now, so I was so happy , I was able to get it clean

Honored Contributor

Re: My talbots slacks came today

@cherry

It wasn't until I had a child that I learned BANANAS stain horribly! lol

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  I just learned something. I didn't know that bananas

stain!

The next time I go there, I am wearing a black tee

Honored Contributor

@cherry

did the tumeric have an oily base? It seems oils are the worst!

As for the bananas the juice, or whatever it is, oxidizes and turn black!

Honored Contributor

It might have. I ordered Tandoori Chicken, and it is baked in a tandoor, but it could have mixed with some of the fat from the chicken

I loved the top I was wearing. Why is it, this never happens ,when you are wearing something,

you don't care that much about? @Andreatoo

Honored Contributor

Maybe because we're thinking about it?

I'm glad your pants worked out and you actually got the stain out of your shirt!

(I love Indian food)

Honored Contributor

@cherry so glad you love your new pants and that you found a new spare top.  I too like to buy spares when I'm able to find them.  Some items are just too good to only have 1. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@cherry, I can empathize. Any yellow spice or curry blend can be heck to get out of anything in the kitchen (sponge, towel, placemat, you name it).

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

If it wasn't just a small spot, I am not sure it would have come out @suzyQ3

Trusted Contributor

So glad your pants worked out.  It is wonderful to get what you want.

Have to say my husband and I enjoy Indian food so much that I could almost accept a ruined piece of clothing. Almost.