Valued Contributor

My sizing observations; please comment

For my personal sizing as a mid-60's gal, I find Susan Graver's liquid knit tops too tight across the middle/hips and wish she would add a couple more inches there because the size L fits otherwise.  Denim & Co. doesn't seem to fit me anymore at all like it used to; may be me?  Size L is usually a little tighter and shorter than I like and XL too large.  Same wish Issac Mizrahi - size L too tight and XL too big.

On the bright side, I have great luck with Lori Goldstein sizing and guess I am going to have to stick with her line (which I do love) because way fewer returns to me as they always fit.  Other brands way too much money spent on returns not due to not liking, but due to bad sizing for me anyway.  Others???

Honored Contributor

Re: My sizing observations; please comment

At least for right now, the SG tops in size small fit me perfectly!!!  I mostly buy from her line or Louis D or Isaac.  A size small in all.  (I'm considerably older than the OP. Woman Sad)

Honored Contributor

I don't have any curves ... just a straight up and down shape with wide shoulders no hips.  I'm shaped like a "T."  I buy my tops according to chest measurement.

I buy pants according to hip measurement - hip to waist ratio is low.  No defined waistline, and I have a long torso - so I don't buy anything with a defined waist or any sort of waist shaping.   

I buy mostly Susan Graver, LOGO and an occasional piece from Renee Goldstein and Lisa Rinna and D&C pants.  Maybe once a year from Bob Mackie.   I haven't liked anything from Renee in quite some time.  

My preferences are high necklines and long sleeves and tunic length tops and full length pants.  I buy the majority of my clothes in places other than QVC.

Honored Contributor

Personally I have not found the sizing in Q brands to have changed much. I can only speak about the brands I have ordered. I have been an XS in D & Co., SG, Linea, QF, & Bob Mackie tops for at least 15 years. I need a small in Isaac’s tops. I always check chest measurements before I buy, and I have discovered that Isaac’s small tops have the same measurement as an XS in the other brands I buy. 

I usually buy small tops in stores like Macy’s, Talbots, Dress Barn, etc. which tells me many of the Q brands have generous sizing. I prefer my tops to be fitted but not tight. I do not like oversized tops unless I wear a slim leg pant. I carry my weight in my hips and thighs so knits clinging to my middle isn’t usually an issue. 

Honored Contributor

I don't buy LOGO, but don't most of her tops flare at the hips?  Big help fit wise I would think.  I found SG too big in my usual 1X.  Works with Mizrahi, D&Co and Linea.  I do go to 2X in One World.  They are pretty good about keeping lots of fabric around the waist and hips. 

Occasional Contributor

Unfortunately I have bad luck with sizing and will most likely quit buying clothes from QVC. Too bad because of some cute thing. I just got two pairs of 24/7 from Issac and I swear they are 2 sizes bigger than they say. Denim and Co varies. Louis is usually good. I hate to keep sending things back!

Honored Contributor

I think it's tough to buy clothes from the Q if you do not have a proportionate figure no matter what size you are.

Respected Contributor

Decades ago, when I started watching QVC, hosts would brag about the fact that all designers followed the same measurements. If you wore a size 10 in Susan Graver, you wore a size 10 in Fashion Formulas. Occasionally, a non-QVC designer used other measurements--but that was always emphasized.

I do not understand why that excellent concept was abandoned, but it sure was!

Honored Contributor

@just wonder wrote:

For my personal sizing as a mid-60's gal, I find Susan Graver's liquid knit tops too tight across the middle/hips and wish she would add a couple more inches there because the size L fits otherwise.  Denim & Co. doesn't seem to fit me anymore at all like it used to; may be me?  Size L is usually a little tighter and shorter than I like and XL too large.  Same wish Issac Mizrahi - size L too tight and XL too big.

On the bright side, I have great luck with Lori Goldstein sizing and guess I am going to have to stick with her line (which I do love) because way fewer returns to me as they always fit.  Other brands way too much money spent on returns not due to not liking, but due to bad sizing for me anyway.  Others???

Sounds like Logo works for you because most of the tops flare out at the hips.

Respected Contributor

My issue with tops, is shoulders and bust. I have very broad shoulders and I'm top heavy. I had to return an SG top this week because it was a little snug in that area. I have the most success with Logo because many of her items run generous or true to size in that area, and the fabrics used are forgiving. She also does a lot of tunic length which I like because me being plus sized and long waisted, I prefer my tops to be 30" or longer.