Super Contributor

Re: My secret - I LOVE Susan Graver clothes! Love liquid knit, too!

I resisted SG items for years, mainly because she just talked so much. Then I saw Marilyn, her assistant, showing a liquid knit big shirt with velvet trim and ordered two of them. They are fabulous and the fabric hangs beautifully without clinging. I purchased the purple and green, and will probably get the steel grey. There is also a tunic that is almost the same but pulls over the head. I sent Susan a message on Facebook asking about matching palazzo pants to match. It would make a beautiful outfit for a party which is also comfortable. She answered and seemed to like the idea. So fingers crossed.
On 1/28/2014 kachina624 said:

I especially like liquid knit for travel. Doesn't take up any room in a suitcase, doesn't wrinkle, easily to rinse out and dries quickly, layers without adding bulk, feels great against the skin.

Super Contributor

So nice to see a positive post on Susan! Welcome to the boards.
Contributor

On 1/28/2014 Goldengate8361 said: Thank you, everyone, for your responses and your kindness! I was actually nervous about checking responses to this thread......I suppose I'm too "thin-skinned" because I was afraid I'd get some snarky, mean- spirited responses....but I was pleasantly surprised by everyone's sharing of their love of SG clothes, too. My faith in the goodness of strangers (on this board) is renewed! This was my first posting; thank you everyone for your kindness and sense of community.

Greetings, Goldengate. I'm partially new, too. I used to be on QVC forum years ago but never posted and forgot my screen-name. Good to see a SG fan. Welcome!

Occasional Contributor

I love Susan Graver, and her chatting doesn't bother me at all! Sometimes it's the hostess that is more annoying. My closet is about 99% SG, especially love her liquid knits! The only problem I have is I can't order too many of her pants, I am short under 5' and the inseam on petites are too long, if maybe they had short it might be different! The only way I can get some of her pants is if they are like the capri style which is shorter in style....
Trusted Contributor

There are some Susan Graver items that just aren't my style. There are some I've purchased and returned because they didn't fit or were unflattering, but then, there are several pieces I've ordered and love. I liked the TSV of a long sleeved liquid knit top and burnout velvet vest. I liked the recent TSV which was a color blocked coat, and there's a liquid knit top with pleats at the top and 3/4 bell sleeves that I love. I've bought it in several different prints. I'm learning what works and doesn't work for me with Susan Graver items. First, I stay away from the light colored liquid knits because they're a bit too thin and see-through. The darker colors and the prints are okay. I also avoid the wide boat-neck type necklines because I don't like my bra straps to show. I stay away from tunic lengths because they're just not flattering on my figure. I wish she would offer more subtle prints, a few less animal prints, and make some of her tops shorter (I'm an average height of 5'5" and the tops are usually 2-3 inches too long). QVC sells tens of thousands of her items, so obviously, there are quite a few women out there buying her clothes.

Occasional Contributor

I love susan graver designs/clothing. Much of my closet is liquid knit tops that I have had forever and that look new as well as new tops that I regularly buy. I am an XL and generally her clothes fit, do not cling to the lumps and bumps, have beautiful prints and design lines. I adore her clothing, and they are affordable. One other thing; I am a curvy woman and her clothing almost always accommodate my curves. I also like Susan's passion and her sincerity. I am a happy customer and will continue to be.
Not applicable

I love Susan Graver also. I prefer the Peachskin big shirts over the Liquid Knit, but I have many of them for under jackets and sweaters. I enjoy her colorful prints and wear them with her Lustra Knit pants. I am not a small person by any means but I always get compliments on my outfits. I agree that I don't love everything she designs but when I find something I like, I love it. I have her faux leather jackets and I think they are great. Just check the size chart when you order and you should be happy.

Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to welcome you to the boards.. Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

I loe it because pet hair refuses to cling to liquid knit.I can actually wear black.I get more compliments on her tops than I imagined. I love the v neck basic long sleeved tops.wearing one now. I also like her scarf tops in summer.

Esteemed Contributor

I've been buying Susan Graver since she started on QVC-in fact I still have the skirt and short sleeve top that was my first purchase. Don't know why I've kept it, can't wear it any more, but if I could it would still look just as new as the day I bought it. That's one of the things I like most about her clothes-they just don't ever look "old". I don't buy as much any more, because her sizing has changed and I'm never sure whether to buy a small or medium. Also, in the past year or so, I've had some problems with defects, especially in her coats. However, I bought two of her recent color block coats and love them (I had to send two back for defects before I got the ones I have now). I agree with some other posters that she's doing so many tunic lengths, too long and too big in the hips for me, even in my regular size. I especially like her watercolor prints - when she comes out with something really good (in my opinion, of course), I may buy several colors of the same thing. I think she is talented, but I also agree with some that QVC may be leading her design direction, because she seldom has a really new design any more.