Honored Contributor

My "as is" D&Co. Pants

[ Edited ]

A couple of years ago  (August 2021) I bought some "as is" D&Co black original waist (etc) pants and set them aside to shorten.  Well, I never did get around to do the hem and they just stayed in the "to-do" box.

I took them out this morning  to shorten and found out what "as is" means.

I tried them on, put my hands in the pockets.  The right pocket was fine.  My left hand went into the pocket and out the other side.  The "porkchop" wasn't sewn onto the leg.  

Not a big deal.  Really sort of funny.  I'll probably just sew the pocket closed.

Esteemed Contributor

I have had great luck buying "as is" fashion.  

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA.  I was going to say, it's a good thing you can sew.

I find those pants stretch out as I wear them and become a wrinkled mess in the laundry.  You probably don't care but they're also an extreme magnet for pet hair.

I've donated the ones I had.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

That's funny @ALRATIBA I'm glad to hear you can fix the problem yourself.

I bought a Nuage jacket - not on "as is" or at a reduced price.  I tried it on, it fit, no worries.  Then it got cold enough here in the Philly area that I needed to go back to my heavy coat for several weeks.  It has now warmed up to the level where I can wear that coat (long after the return period). I put it on and when to put my wallet into what I thought was an inside pocket.  To my surprise, the wallet dropped straight thru onto the floor. Not pockets - just some sort of extra inner lining.

I may run a line of stitching across the jacket and close it off so I can use it as a pocket.

Obviously for me this was user error but I was sure they were inside pockets or might have returned it. 

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 

These are just  "not going anywhere special" pants. 

They look decent enough if I need to go run any errands, and inexpensive enough that if I happen to mess them up when cleaning or cooking ... not a big deal. 

No pets, but I'm a bit clumsy - I splash and spill stuff - so inexpensive pants around the apt.

---------------------------------------

@Kachina624 wrote:

@ALRATIBA.  I was going to say, it's a good thing you can sew.

I find those pants stretch out as I wear them and become a wrinkled mess in the laundry.  You probably don't care but they're also an extreme magnet for pet hair.

I've donated the ones I had.