Contributor

But then what do you do about the wrinkles?

Contributor

Like some other posters here, I do not like to be bothered line drying my clothes. I have several of IM pima cotton shirts. They are comfortable, especially in the hot weather.  

I am between two sizes, so when I order his cotton tops, I order in my larger size, in order to adjust for shrinkage when laundered.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

About 90% of my clothing is cotton.  DO NOT wash in hot water ever.  You can probably  rewash it  cold water and stretch it a little bit if it has shrunk.  Hot water will tighten the fabric and shrink it further. Line dry or lay flat.

@Carmie I don't EVER use hot either.

Esteemed Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

I have some of his pima cotton cap/short sleeve T-shirts and they did shrink a bit in the dryer.  Laying out T-shirts flat to dry is just a pain.  I don't have a drying rack, and I don't want to have to figure out where to store one.  So I drape things over the side of the bathtub to dry.  His recent TSV sweater cardigan is "lay flat to dry."  It took mine days to dry.  Why can't they figure out a way to make clothes that can maintain their shape and size after being dried on a low setting?  I suppose prewashing fabric is too much to ask.

Sometimes you can hang to dry things that say lay flat to dry.  When I absouletly have to lay flat, i sue something like this:

71jTmp5RevL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg

dries in less than a day.  This is from Amazon.  Search lay flat to dry, there are many choices.  There are also those twisty things, just for one item, that I have bougth in CVS. Untwisted, the sides are sized to hit the sides of the tub, so you lay the item on it, and the bottom is vented.

I guess if you have one of those nice glass showers that I covet, you can't lay flat to dry with these choices.  Umm.

Respected Contributor

I have never layed anything flat to dry.  That is just too much aggravation for me.  I do hang most everything to dry...jeans, cotton tops etc.....I bought a couple of the TSV tops by Isaac and if they shrink in cold water and line drying they will go back.  I have to wear cotton cotton blends as I live in Florida and I would pass out in unbreathable fabrics.

Valued Contributor

his pima cotton stuff is HORRIBLE!

Honored Contributor

I own several IM pima cotton tops and love them.  The only ones I didn't like were the former TSV set of 2 short sleeve t-shirts that were 1 solid and 1 stripe.  Those didn't fit the same and I think a lower quality pima was used because they don't feel the same as my other tops.

I wash these pima shirts on delicate and I hang them to dry.  I've never had an issue with shrinking and they aren't wrinkled.

Keep in mind though that Isaac's pima is not 100% pima cotton either.    

Respected Contributor

L.L. Bean is promoting FREE SHIPPING with $50 purchase in your order.  So, I looked for PIMA COTTON items.  I do like Isaac M.'s pima cotton, but there are better deals on sites other than QVC.  I ordered 5 items today from L.L. Bean.  Some were discounted and I got FREE SHIPPING.  Now that is a customer-friendly business. 

Esteemed Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

L.L. Bean is promoting FREE SHIPPING with $50 purchase in your order.  So, I looked for PIMA COTTON items.  I do like Isaac M.'s pima cotton, but there are better deals on sites other than QVC.  I ordered 5 items today from L.L. Bean.  Some were discounted and I got FREE SHIPPING.  Now that is a customer-friendly business. 

I agree about the LLBean Pima cotton tee shirts, but Lands End has wonderful Pima cotton shirts as well, and their shipping is free right now with no minimum.  I've added to my Pima cotton tee shirt collection big time.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

The only time they shrink is if I accedently put it in the dryer.  The dryer is killer toward cotton.   Can't expalin it.  I wash the tops in cold water and lay flat or hang up to dry.  If they do shrink, most of the time they will stretch back out again.  I hand wash it, lay it flat.