Respected Contributor

Re: My order from Macy's is lost, has this ever happened to you?

A few minutes ago I just received the boots I ordered from Macy’s. I placed order on November 29. I think they’ve been at the post office for awhile. Usually Macy’s orders are really quick I think the post office is just really overwhelmed.

Honored Contributor

@rezski wrote:

Amazon lost the package I was sending for my son's birthday that was supposed to arrive lastFriday. At no cost with upgraded shipping.It should still get there by his Friday birthday.

@rezski   Amazon lost it?  They lost the order, or the package?  Do you mean it never left the Amazon warehouse or they lost your order.  

Honored Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@crawford5153: You should file a Lost Package claim with USPS right away! You can start the process on the USPS website.  Hope you get your package. 

I just attempted to file a claim and a red window pops up and says it was not insured.  It looks to me that Macy's is the one who should handle this and they would get reimbursed by the p.o. for the lost package and they should refund me.

@crawford5153   When my uninsured packages (2) were lost by USPS, Amazon paid for them.  However, USPS also lost a gift certificate which nobody paid for but me.  All 3 packages were lost within a 3-week period of time and nothing else (until my QVC package this month) has ever been lost.  I think it was a creepy postman that was taking things for his/her own.

Honored Contributor

I've had the post office misdirect packages 4 or 5 times in the past 6 montjs.  They usually sit somewhere 3-4 days before being forwarded to the correct destination.  This time of year, when they're so busy, I suppose it could take longer to be processed.  I eventually got all my packages, which is probably why Macy's waits a few days before issuing refunds.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I had something similar happen twice. I got on Facebook and Twitter and complained - got quick results.
Honored Contributor

I had that happen last Christmas with a large lantern I ordered from QVC.  UPS sent me an email that they delivered to my front porch.  I was home all day and it was not here.  QVC made me wait a few more days before they would send out a replacement.  I asked the woman I talked to if she was going file a complaint with UPS and she said no QVC will just write it off.  That could really get expensive.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@crawford5153 It might be stuck somewhere due to weather or could have been accidentally mis-routed.  You should receive it but it could take up to a week or two.  If you paid with a credit card, you should contact them if you don't receive it before Christmas.   Most will credit you for an item that you don't receive.

Esteemed Contributor

@Leggett28 wrote:

A few minutes ago I just received the boots I ordered from Macy’s. I placed order on November 29. I think they’ve been at the post office for awhile. Usually Macy’s orders are really quick I think the post office is just really overwhelmed.

They are VERY overwhelmed during this hectic holiday season. My postal carrier said this season is the worst he's ever had. I had 2 packages delivered by UPS this evening at 9:30 p.m., and they were not finished on my block. It is storming outside, and I feel bad for them, because they are working so hard. USPS has been delivering later hours than usual too. "Santa" is going to leave a nice tip in the mailbox, along with my famous thumbprint Christmas cookies for sure. I know there have been delays, lost packages, damaged boxes, etc, but most arrive as scheduled, and I am grateful for that.

I hope your packages arrive soon.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

All online retailers do that, they make you wait to ensure that the package really and truly is lost and undeliverable.  The good thing is your 10 business days are almost over.

Respected Contributor

I made a purchase from Macy's on Dec 3rd and am still waiting to receive it.