Trusted Contributor

My order from Macy's is lost, has this ever happened to you?

I ordered a pretty Fair Isle sweater on Nov. 29 and it shipped on Nov. 30 and was accepted at the Cincinatti, Ohio post office on Dec. 3.  No movement whatsoever since then and Macy's tells me I have to wait 10 busness days from Dec. 3 for a refund.  I have NEVER had a company that worked that way before.  Upon seeing it was never delivered by Dec. 6 when it was suppose to be any other company would have already refunded me and filed a lost package report with the p.o. I have to wait until Dec. 18 to come back and ask for a refund. Have no idea why the post office just did not forward it to me, very strange indeed. I live in WV not Ohio.

Respected Contributor

Re: My order from Macy's is lost, has this ever happened to you?

Yes, I had a similar problem recently and it was aggravating because it was items ordered for my granddaughter’s wedding.  Still waiting for final credit.

Respected Contributor

@crawford5153: You should file a Lost Package claim with USPS right away! You can start the process on the USPS website.  Hope you get your package. 

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I've had this happen before, although not with Macy's. One was a package I shipped out of state and was told by USPS that I needed to wait 10 days. The other was with a company I ordered from (can't even remember who it was), but was also told that I needed to wait an additional 10 days. Both packages were eventually delivered within the 10 days.

Just an opinion, but I think the mail services are overwhelmed with the high volume of online sales that need to be shipped, as well as normal Christmas volume of many of us shipping boxes of gifts..

Contributor

Amazon lost the package I was sending for my son's birthday that was supposed to arrive lastFriday. At no cost with upgraded shipping.It should still get there by his Friday birthday.

Trusted Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@crawford5153: You should file a Lost Package claim with USPS right away! You can start the process on the USPS website.  Hope you get your package. 

I just attempted to file a claim and a red window pops up and says it was not insured.  It looks to me that Macy's is the one who should handle this and they would get reimbursed by the p.o. for the lost package and they should refund me.

Trusted Contributor

@rezski wrote:

Amazon lost the package I was sending for my son's birthday that was supposed to arrive lastFriday. At no cost with upgraded shipping.It should still get there by his Friday birthday.

So did Amazon refund you for the lost package or did they just ship out another package to him with upgraded shipping?

Honored Contributor

Yeah.  I ordered from QVC on the 29th.  Says it was delivered to my house on the 2nd of December and given off to the post office in the next town the following day.  How's that for confusion?  Confucius say Christmas bring confusion

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Diva on The Q @crawford5153   Can you say waste of time!

Esteemed Contributor

Yes....i have had a order lost....but never w/ Macys