Esteemed Contributor

A few years ago, I switched from "sweatshirt material" to fleece - it's more lightweight, but much warmer.  So, my winter uniform is jeans, cotton t-neck or mockneck, and fleece top.   Also, thick socks and Naturalizer booties.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Being that I rarely leave the house these days, my winter uniform is a cozy pair of p.j.s, slippers and a warm robe!  Sad, but true!  When I go out to walk, it's usually black sweat pants, a colored sweatshirt with a patterned mockneck underneath, puffy jacket, and a colorful knit cap and scarf!  The only time I have gone any place is to the doctor, pharmacy or grocery store and then I wear usually knit leggings with a long fleece top.  So stylish, right?  It will get better -- at least that's what I keep telling myself!  Woman Embarassed

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: My new Winter uniform

[ Edited ]

My winter uniform has not changed much. I still wear jeans in various washes with a sweater (soft, not itchy wool) in a neutral black or any shade of grey. Sometimes, on colder days, I layer a brighter color tee underneath or I pull out my older cashmere crewneck sweaters..also in neutral colors. 

When on errands, I change to my black jeans (no dog hair will attach to them while away from the house) and a red, white, grey or blush pink sweater. I add my always present collection of silver bangles next to my watch. I wear my ankle boots in black, grey or leopard. Sadly my signature pearls and chain necklaces are "put away". I've limited my earrings to inexpensive silver studs, too for the same reason. They get caught up in the mask coming on and off.

The masks are my accessory du jour.  

***Back in March, I started off with my yoga pants and a comfie tee. When I realized this was going to be a long term "sentence", I soon felt sloppy and depressed and decided I needed to change it up. 

Esteemed Contributor

Still wearing the usual, no change there.  The real change is never getting dressed to go anywhere.  Those clothes just hang.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got out all my beautiful Gabrilla T sweaters (miss that brand and still shop for them on ebay) and they go great with my fleece leggings from Cuddl Duds and Anybody. Getting out a lot of clothes I haven't worn in a long time and shopping my closet. Lots of goodies there I totally forgot about.

Honored Contributor

@Hilery wrote:

@QVCkitty1 Can you give the brand name of fine gauge mockneck you mentioned?

@Hilery , They might not work for you because they are plus size, however they are from Romans. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I do have a "uniform".  I work from home and my  "uniform" is black leggings, a sweater over a white tee shirt and either thick white socks or cabin socks.  I have tons of sweaters.  

Honored Contributor

I wear jeans and a chunky sweater most days at home.  If it is really cold I will add a lightweight flannel shirt under a crew neck sweater with collar and cuffs out.  If it is usually still jeans (maybe grey or black) with a sweater and a blazer or jean jacket.  About the only place I go right now is the library as I get my groceries delivered.  

Honored Contributor

I'm finding that in cold weather places, jeans aren't warm enough.  My legs freeze!  I've tried wearing tights underneath, but then I'm incredibly hot when back indoors.

I found black pants at Macy's by INC Concepts that have sort of a fleece on the inside, but are stretchy leggings.  I really like them and bought 6 pairs.  They don't fade one bit when you wash them, they stay dark black, which I like.

They're casual and they're dressy, depends on your footwear.  But they are warm for me.

Today's high here was the low at home today!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

I bet youjacketlesssNortheasternerss are wearing jackets today.

@Kachina624 - Nah!  It has to get colder than 5 degrees to need a coat!

J/K.  I've been out plowing earlier today, after the snowstorm.  Normally I wouldn't wear a jacket unless it's colder than 32 degrees, but the wind was vicious.  Frostbite isn't on my bucket list.  Woman Surprised

To the OP's question:  no uniform, but generally while at home these days; Cuddl Dud leggings, a tank top and a fleece-lined shirt.  Casual!