Honored Contributor

My many years old Quacker factory sweater

Years ago I bought a sweater from QF - it looks like a satin shirt and then a v neck sweater but , in fact, is one piece. My sweater is a very pretty coral color, and has white pearls scattered all across the neckline/shoulder area. I don't get to wear it much as it is seldom cold enough in Fl. but today is an exception to that and I wore it to church this morning. During the peace ladies were coming over to me just to tell me how pretty my sweater is. Not one or two compliments - many. Then we went to breakfast and some ladies stopped me in the ladies room and one brought a friend over to our table to see my pretty sweater. Total strangers - as much as anyone is a stranger at a club like the Elks. Of course , this was from back in the days when QVC offered much better quality for the money. This sweater has the pearls but no sequins, I'm not a fan of sequins on my clothes, unless it is an appropriate occason. I'm going to have to wear that sweater more , that's for sure!

Honored Contributor

Re: My many years old Quacker factory sweater

In total agreement with what you said about the quality being so much better years ago.  I look in my spare closet filled with many QF items from years ago, and I just can't part with them. I keep telling myself that if I ever get back down to that size, I'd wear them.  Even if the sytles or trends have changed, people still recognize something that is pretty and that is why you got so many compliments. 

Respected Contributor

Sadly, by the time I tried QF once, the quality was so terrible, I struck it off my list. The fabric was the cheapest grade of cotton. I understand the original QF were something amazing. 

Respected Contributor

Yes the Quacker items from years ago were made exceptionally well and I still have a couple hanging around. I check ebay all the time for new listings. I also miss the Stitches in Time sweaters. I have a blue cardigan with a zip front with snowflakes and icicles that I bring out every winter and I never fail to get a compliment on it...DH finds it funny because I've had it so long, it's an OLD sweater and it happens everytime! There's one over on ebay right now if you like SIT sweaters. This was one of their best.

Honored Contributor

I remember the Stitches in Time snowflake sweater.  I had that and another one with ice skates on it.  Loved that line.