Esteemed Contributor

Re: Waste of $$$

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@LovemyBE wrote:

I have seen knock-offs at T.J. Maxx and Marshall's for $19.99 to get the SAME look-even with the chiffon hems!  (What's up with that?!?!)  Seems like a fad so why pay all that $$$? 

What's up with that is exactly what you wrote - it's a knockoff.  Not the same at all - you get what you pay for.

To another poster, LOGO uses several different materials, not just one.  INcluding cashmere blends. I know know which your friend has that you so disliked, but that was only one type of several fabrics her clothes are made out of.

Tops of 'like' design from various manufacturers are not knock offs,  they're simply a fashion trend. Big difference!

Honored Contributor

Re: My first, and last , LOGO

I bought a logo top a few years ago.  I could not believe how much it wrinkled after I washed it.  It did not hold up well.  I never bought another one.  The idea of layering is cute, but for me it is too much trouble.  I do not want to wear two or three tops.

Esteemed Contributor

Tissue paper thin rayon knit, especially in a light color is unforgiving on the body and that's why these types of garments are worn layered. Whether called rayon, bamboo, green material, this fabric can look cheap and it pills easily too.

i have a couple of tops made with rayon, they are printed tunics with asymetrical hems and have turned them into PJs as I won't wear them in public.

Valued Contributor

I have recently been ordering, and I am LOVING the fabric and style! The knit fabric is very soft, and it does not cling to my non-model body type at all! Very slimming, also. I guess it depends on what one orders, but nothing

I have purchased has been light enough to be seen through. I'm careful to watch all videos and check the reviews and fabric content. There really ARE some larger models while I'm watching, not all pencil-thin.

I really don't see the designs going out of style any time soon, either. These days, almost everything seems to stay acceptable for years.

Im sorry some have had bad experiences, but I'm just extra careful before ordering. That has worked for me so far. Whew! lol

Respected Contributor

i've purchased several logo tops and returned all but one. that one was of great fabric and i loved it. i'm tall and thin and can wear the thin fabric tops but i don't like how they look on me and i don't care for the layering.

i've also purchased her leggings and was very pleased.

Respected Contributor

@LovemyBE wrote:

I do not see what the fuss is over LOGO.  To me it is messy dressing and very pricey.  I have seen knock-offs at T.J. Maxx and Marshall's for $19.99 to get the SAME look-even with the chiffon hems!  (What's up with that?!?!)  Seems like a fad so why pay all that $$$?  My new plan is to watch QVC for ideas and then go shop for them somewhere else!  

It's been working!  So tired of paying shipping fees both ways.  No more!!

***I agree about the price.  A few weeks ago, I bought two tops from Macy's on sale that were very Logo-ish with the chiffon hem, and got them forv $13 each and free shipping that day

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

Maybe some of the posters on this thread and I are just different. I am "open" to new and different things - I'm not a traditionalist and I don't like to tear things down that are not my own particular style but may be someone else's.  I thought these women looked great in their LOGO clothes.

There is a difference between being open to new things and being taken by a vendor offering cheap and cheesy for a big pricetag. And I certainly hope I know the difference!  IMO LG and Judith ripka are both the queens of the RIPOFF.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Maybe some of the posters on this thread and I are just different. I am "open" to new and different things - I'm not a traditionalist and I don't like to tear things down that are not my own particular style but may be someone else's.  I thought these women looked great in their LOGO clothes.

There is a difference between being open to new things and being taken by a vendor offering cheap and cheesy for a big pricetag. And I certainly hope I know the difference!  IMO LG and Judith ripka are both the queens of the RIPOFF.

Thanks for in effect calling me a "sucker."  I enjoy all my LOGO clothes. The ones I don't care for when I've received them I have returned; the ones I've kept I've enjoyed wearing and receiving many compliments on them.

I have never considered myself being "taken" when I buy Lori's clothes, although I am certainly not loving the price increases (which have happened with other clothing lines also at QVC).  I like to wear unique clothing and mostly shop in boutiques.  I haven't been to Macy's in years.  LOGO prices are much lower than the items I purchase in clothing boutiques, which I also love wearing.  To each her own but I in no way consider myself gullible nor foolish about clothes.  

There were much nicer ways to express your opinion by the way. Oh, and it's easy to quote other posters.  Let me know if you ever want to learn how.  In the future I would rather not have my post look like part of your post.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@151949 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

Thanks for in effect calling me a "sucker."  I enjoy all my LOGO clothes. The ones I don't care for when I've received them I have returned; the ones I've kept I've enjoyed wearing and receiving many compliments on them.

I have never considered myself being "taken" when I buy Lori's clothes, although I am certainly not loving the price increases (which have happened with other clothing lines also at QVC).  I like to wear unique clothing and mostly shop in boutiques.  I haven't been to Macy's in years.  LOGO prices are much lower than the items I purchase in clothing boutiques, which I also love wearing.  To each her own but I in no way consider myself gullible nor foolish about clothes.  

There were much nicer ways to express your opinion by the way. Oh, and next time you quote one of my posts, please clearly separate my thoughts from yours.  Your post now looks like everything stated is from me, when it certainly is not.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

There were much nicer ways to express your opinion by the way. Oh, and next time you quote one of my posts, please clearly separate my thoughts from yours.  Your post now looks like everything stated is from me, when it certainly is not.

You are certainly entitled to your OPINION but just because you have that OPINION does not make it a FACT. My opinion is different and I am just as entitled to have that opinion and to express it here.