Honored Contributor

@LovemyBE wrote:

I have seen knock-offs at T.J. Maxx and Marshall's for $19.99 to get the SAME look-even with the chiffon hems!  (What's up with that?!?!)  Seems like a fad so why pay all that $$$? 

What's up with that is exactly what you wrote - it's a knockoff.  Not the same at all - you get what you pay for.

To another poster, LOGO uses several different materials, not just one.  INcluding cashmere blends. I know know which your friend has that you so disliked, but that was only one type of several fabrics her clothes are made out of.

Honored Contributor

Re: My first, and last , LOGO

@Q4u wrote:

Right off the bat they need to stop being "cute" with color names.  Just name the item in a clear concise way that everyone will immediately know exactly what color it is.  Not hard!!  And not everyone watches the shows to find out that "Pumpkin Seed" is actually Tan.

pumpkin seed is a tan???  However, I get your drift.  All designers fo that.  Nail polish is notorious

I hate some of the prissy color names that describe nothing.   Like English Garden?  I actually saw that to describe what I saw on a color swatch as lavander.  Who'd a thunk it?  Or Drangon fly.  What color exactly is dragonfly. ???  Give me a break.

Honored Contributor

@Q4uThere is a reason for the cute names.  Colors that have the exact same names are color matches, so they can't just say, "purple" because they might have a dozen or more purples in any one line.  So they call one "thistle', one "purple mist", etc.  All with the same names are the same exact color.

------------------------------------------------------------

Ahhh, thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of that and appreciate knowing.... Woman Happy

Pumpkin seeds are actually a very light tan/off white, rofl..... Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

This is why I don't order clothes online much anymore from any retailer. For me it isn't really the brand but the fit and material. I may love it on the model or online, but then when I get it home something is not quite right. As I have aged I have become very picky about how things fit and feel on my body.  I just prefer trying things on before buying. I make a lot less mistakes purchases this way. 

Respected Contributor

I own a few Logo tops, and that's enough for me. I can wear them well, but there are many women who should look at themselves in thw mirror again, especially from the back. I see quite a few, young and older women, in the malls wearing Logo type tops and they just look horrible. I don't know when clingy, thin tops made anyone who doesn't have a good body look good. I'm fine with the ones I have, but I'm moving on to newer looking clothes.

Honored Contributor

Even if I did find that awful fabric acceptable - and I don't - I would not pay those prices for clothing that is just a trend and will soon be donated to goodwill because it is out of style.  

Honored Contributor

To who said they like thin fabrics because they drape -- no no - thin fabrics CLING - heavier fabrics drape. Bob Mackie uses a heafter fabric and his tops do indeed drape beautifully. George simonton uses heavier fabrics so they will beautifully drape. I have been a lady who sews for many years - i know a lot about fabric. I wouldn't use LG fabric to make rags. if I saw that in a bolt at the fabric store I would walk right by it without so much as a second glance.

Honored Contributor

@MarilynM wrote:

I own a few Logo tops, and that's enough for me. I can wear them well, but there are many women who should look at themselves in thw mirror again, especially from the back. I see quite a few, young and older women, in the malls wearing Logo type tops and they just look horrible. I don't know when clingy, thin tops made anyone who doesn't have a good body look good. I'm fine with the ones I have, but I'm moving on to newer looking clothes.

Interesting post, because within the past month or so, I've seen three woman out and about while I was doing errands (one just two days ago) wearing three different LOGO tops.  All three were in their 50s or 60s and I went up to each one, told her I recognized her LOGO top, and complimented her on how it looked on her.  I thought they each looked very attractive and "different" from everyone else I'd encountered.  And I gave them each credit (in my mind) for being "fun" people to be wearing those garments.

I thought they looked terrific.  None of the three women had very good figures, either. The LOGO tops were flattering on them.

Maybe some of the posters on this thread and I are just different. I am "open" to new and different things - I'm not a traditionalist and I don't like to tear things down that are not my own particular style but may be someone else's.  I thought these women looked great in their LOGO clothes.

Respected Contributor

I don't like sheer tops, either. Layer, layer, layer, LOL. I'm large enough thank you.

Valued Contributor

I started out loving the shapes  Now it is just so way out  The material is cheap and the prices are rediculous