Super Contributor

Re: My evolving fashion “story”

I also really enjoyed this post and all the responses. I laughed at the comment about the flowered lug bags. I live in Wisconsin, but vacation in FL every couple of years. I have a lug bag that is a colorful pattern and I call it my "Florida purse". 

Honored Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus Oh that's sad that you feel that way about why your mother was getting attention.  

@new nickname 4   Sad, but true. I'm sure it's the reason my style (clothing/makeup) developed into a more natural, somewhat subdued style. In that respect, it was a good thing. 

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus Oh that's sad that you feel that way about why your mother was getting attention.  

@new nickname 4   Sad, but true. I'm sure it's the reason my style (clothing/makeup) developed into a more natural, somewhat subdued style. In that respect, it was a good thing. 

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus    I hear ya!   My mom wore nylons (rolled down) with her sneakers......and was VERY upset that I wouldn't wear her hand-me-downs......she was  6 (SIX) sizes larger, and couldn't see that.....   di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@fairydogmother , I'm glad you are happy with your style selection.  I worked for 52 years in a professional office, black and black seemed to be the atire.  I retired - and I'm loving bright colors, palm prints, Lug bags (yes I love the yellow floral print) and not so professional styles.  I'm happy that QVC offers us all something we love.

And I'll bet you look fabulous especially because you're wearing what you love. 🥰

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

I have changed styles so much over the years! I think at times we do adapt our wardrobe to places we live more so than to what we really prefer to wear.  I see looks I admire very much on other women and then I think --- I want to dress like that!  I will try a similar look and it will fall flat!  Ultimately, a person just has to find their own look and what works for them and what is comfortable --- no matter what anyone else thinks!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@Shanus    I hear ya!   My mom wore nylons (rolled down) with her sneakers......and was VERY upset that I wouldn't wear her hand-me-downs......she was  6 (SIX) sizes larger, and couldn't see that.....   di

@Desertdi   It's awkward, to say the least, to try to have "the conversation", so I just let it go. I didn't like it when she constantly ran after me w/ her bright coral lipstick telling me that I needed more color. Lol

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fairydogmother 

I'm glad you've found your style again. Enjoy wearing pieces you love. 

My style is pretty much the same now at almost 60 as it was in my 30s. I prefer classic tailored trousers, cardigans, pullover sweaters, blazers, wrap and sheath dresses in solid colors and simple prints. I wear classic pumps, ballet flats, and loafers. The boldest prints I own are probably my neutral animal prints and a few geometric print wrap dresses. I also have a sporty casual style with jeans, tees, hoodies, boots, and sneakers. 

I know some people would describe my style as boring, but it's my personal style, and that's what's most important. I have tried a few things over the years that we're out of my comfort zone, and those items ended up not being worn very often. We need to wear what suits us regardless of trends or what others try to tell us we should wear. I think my style fits in anywhere. 

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I've been living in South Florida for the last 43 years. I don't know anyone that dresses the way you seem to think Floridians do (aside from my DH).

I'm sure there are those that like lots of prints and loud color but there's not an actual uniform for living in Florida. (She says in her print shell and orange shorts)

😉

My style hasn't changed even though I'm here from the Northeast. I will try new things on occasion that I like on someone else but it doesn't always work on me