Trusted Contributor

Re: My evolving fashion “story”

@fairydogmother  You are really comical, you are cracking me up about the sea turtles.  Too funny.

Esteemed Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

@fairydogmother "To thine own self be true."  I haven't, nor would I ever, follow fashion trends.  

For some ladies, following trends is their truth.  Personally, I believe that in fashion, as in most things, there isn't only one true path.  And one may follow different paths at different times.  To quote a different author, "Variety is the spice of life."

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I adopted my look when JFK was in the Whitehouse.   Basically - still dress the same way - same stuff - updated styling and colors

@ALRATIBA 

Jankie O's fold over collar sells up a storm at Talbots!

Respected Contributor

@decaf wrote:

@fairydogmother  You are really comical, you are cracking me up about the sea turtles.  Too funny.

Thanks and you know exactly what I mean don't you. Haha. You can picture it 😄

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe  Absolutely true that there is not one correct fashion path. I love seeing the myriad of ways that women put themselves together. 

Harmonize the World
Trusted Contributor

I’m really enjoying Reading everyone’s responses to this post. I do not like classic clothing and it does not look good on me, but I had to wear it when I worked in an office environment for years. I never felt comfortable in it.
I like more feminine retro style clothing with fitted lines.
I’m so happy that dresses are making a return in fashion. The last few years have been nothing but leisure wear and yoga pants which is just not my style. I personally don’t feel like it’s flattering on anyone, but to each their own.
Super Contributor

@fairydogmother , I'm glad you are happy with your style selection.  I worked for 52 years in a professional office, black and black seemed to be the atire.  I retired - and I'm loving bright colors, palm prints, Lug bags (yes I love the yellow floral print) and not so professional styles.  I'm happy that QVC offers us all something we love.

Super Contributor

@Shanus Oh that's sad that you feel that way about why your mother was getting attention.  

Honored Contributor

@Teddixat wrote:

@Kachina624    Linen is a very airy fabric and worn in hot climates because of its airiness and cool breathability

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linen

https://revolutionfabrics.com/blogs/gotcha-covered/what-is-linen-fabric

@Teddixat @Even so, linen blazers are extremely uncomfortable to wear in S. Florida in summertime. You might get away with it if wearing inside a very cold office. Some very loose fitting linen top with short sleeves might work. I have tons on linen shirts. They are beautiful button down ones. I could only wear them to a dressy dinner out to an air conditioned restaurant in early spring or late winter and in summer if I was going to be in total AC the whole time, from car to wherever I would be going. 

Respected Contributor

This post made me laugh!

I transitioned from business casual ( ie black pants and top usually with a jacket) to retired casual--which I have no idea what that is!

Before retirement I had one or two pairs of sneakers for treadmill or walking or vacation. Now I have a wardrobe of sketchers, new balance and brooks.  Most of those leather flats are long gone.

Same for jeans and leggins--gone are the structured black pants 

I still cannot and will not do embellished clothing or clothing with sayings.