Trusted Contributor

Had a "duh" find that I put together from dollar store products for an upcoming road trip (since I hate it when you unpack in the hotel and your clothes are wrinkled). Bought a bottle of a wrinkle release product and, since the bottle is huge, bought a very small plastic bottle of icky perfume in a plastic spray bottle, dumped out the perfume,washed the bottle & filled it w/the wrinkle release product. Now why didn't I think of that before???

Respected Contributor

Re: My dollar store find today

I'm impressed you were able to get rid of the scent of the perfume. 

Valued Contributor

The dollar store seems to have a lot of great items, I have been watching a lot of you tube dollar store haul and kitchen organization hauls.  I got some great ideas and got about 15 containers for 15.00 and it was so easy and I am so pleased with the final product.

Honored Contributor

I have no idea how well Wrinkle Release works.   I always take a travel steamer by Rowenta with me when I travel.  I figure I'll always get wrinkles in my clothes and that thing works great - wrinkes gone in minutes.  I use it all the time when I'm not travelling also.  Wouldn't be without mine at my home.

Esteemed Contributor

It's woth looking at dollar stores for discontinued beauty items like hair color because some brands will remove the older boxes from the drugstores when they undergo a packaging change. You can also find travel sized beauty items like antiperspirant or travel toothpastes. And travel sized containers that you can put your own beauty product in are cheap at dollar stores. Because I'm in Canada I go to Dollarama but I've been to Big Lots in the U.S. before too.

Honored Contributor

Sounds great!  I couldn't survive without dollar stores!  I find such great things at such great prices.  I always find items that I never knew I needed! LOL!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@IControlMyHappiness  I agree - sometimes you find the best things/gadgets at a store like this.  So fun!

Super Contributor

A little tip, they actually sell 2 versions of a travel bottle set. One has a pump bottle and the other has a spray bottle(so you don't have to wash out the perfume) in case anyone else is looking.