Frequent Contributor

Re: My denim dresses are ALL THAT!

Received this in 3 colors, and love them. I wear an XS in Linea, and I feel they fit really well. I did hem them about an inch or so, and wore the yellow with matching jacket out to dinner last weekend. These will be worn several times this summer with just a cute pair of flat sandals and gold hoops. Love the relaxed feel.
Respected Contributor

I wear an xs and mine fit perfectly, certainly not huge in any way. I like the easy shape and I don't look pregnant. I guess the ladies will just have to try them and see for themselves since there are such different opinions.
Honored Contributor

On 5/4/2014 MarilynM said: I wear an xs and mine fit perfectly, certainly not huge in any way. I like the easy shape and I don't look pregnant. I guess the ladies will just have to try them and see for themselves since there are such different opinions.

I have an hourglass shape and my regular size (medium) fits great and looks beautiful.

I just ordered another in yellow and the indigo jacket too.

I LOVE Louis' webpage and his suggestions on how to mix and match the pieces.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I guess that is what the click here measurements are supposed to help with. However since I neither sew nor design clothes I have not the slightest idea what most of these measurements are even measuring. For example such measurements as Drop img line to edge, low hip circ from HPS, Front body length from HPS, curved bottom opening circ, customer circ from HPS. You might as well be speaking a foreign language since I have no idea what any of these things mean. What happened to bust, hip, waist, length, sleeve length and maybe armhole opening? Those I understand.
Honored Contributor

HPS means High point shoulder -- or the highest part of the shoulder.

Take your tape measure and measure from that point to see where the 'waist' and 'hip' are on the garment. Armhole height is from the top of the armhole opening to the bottom of the opening. I find that an armhole of 8" for maybe coats works for me or 7 or 7.5" for regular garments. Sweep straight is the measurement of the actual end or edge of the garment on a blazer, skirt, dress or blouse. Usually on me anything with a sweep of 43" I know I will be safe to wear without it being taut or clingy.

Garment ease varies from person to person as to how much material you want between your body and the fabric. Some want a more fitted look (go down a size) some want a more relaxed fit (go up a size). You just have to know your own measurements and calculate with the garment measurements how you want the garment to fit. Many of Louis' peasant blouses are too flowy on me in my regular size. They look better closer to my body if I go down one size.

Some garments are too fitted (some of the WK sweaters like the elbow length version) in my regular size so I went up one size for a semi fitted look.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/4/2014 JustJazzmom said:

HPS means High point shoulder -- or the highest part of the shoulder.

Take your tape measure and measure from that point to see where the 'waist' and 'hip' are on the garment. Armhole height is from the top of the armhole opening to the bottom of the opening. I find that an armhole of 8" for maybe coats works for me or 7 or 7.5" for regular garments. Sweep straight is the measurement of the actual end or edge of the garment on a blazer, skirt, dress or blouse. Usually on me anything with a sweep of 43" I know I will be safe to wear without it being taut or clingy.

Garment ease varies from person to person as to how much material you want between your body and the fabric. Some want a more fitted look (go down a size) some want a more relaxed fit (go up a size). You just have to know your own measurements and calculate with the garment measurements how you want the garment to fit. Many of Louis' peasant blouses are too flowy on me in my regular size. They look better closer to my body if I go down one size.

Some garments are too fitted (some of the WK sweaters like the elbow length version) in my regular size so I went up one size for a semi fitted look.

Way too complicated and advanced for my more simple mind to deal,with. I want the measurements that I can clearly understand what this measurement is and where on the garment it is being taken. For pants I want the waist. If there is elastic I want the measurement both stretched out and non stretched. I want hip 8 inches below the waist band. I want the inseam, the rise and the leg opening. For dresses I want bust, waist, hip, overall garment length, sleeve length, armhole and total,circumference at the bottom. For skirts I want waist both stretched and un stretched if there is elastic in the waist, hip, overall length and bottom circumference. For jackets, tops and sweaters I want bust, armhole opening, sleeve length, overall length, circumference at the bottom, waist and hip . Give me these measurements for the item and I can determine how much extra I need for it to fit me properly. The rest of these of these click here measurements are complicated, confusing and not necessary. LInea seems to fit some ladies perfectly all the time no matter what the garment. for the rest of us it is often a crapshoot.
Trusted Contributor

It is my understanding that the click here measurements are set by QVC. I remember a few years back customers were rebelling big time when the Q quit posting them. I myself find them very helpful. Using the chart I can pretty much judge how something is going to fit.

Different sizing issues occur whether one orders online or when in a store. It is not unique. Thank you Jazzmom for your helpful explanation of the various measures. Good job!

Esteemed Contributor

I know they are established by the Q but that doesn't mean they are useful measurements. Obviously several posters had trouble with the fit on this dress so either they didn't use the click here measurements or if they did they did not understand what they were measuring. otherwise they would have known that the dress was not going to fit them they way they expected it to.
Trusted Contributor

If you wear a size small or a 1X, it's pretty much the case that if a Linea garment fits you, all the garments in that size will. Those are the sizes that are used as the fit models. Since I wear a small in 98% of garments, I have very little trouble with fit. The click here measurements, combined with the fabric content, help me with bust. I have had very few fit problems with my regular size, and have sometimes found that the garment was mislabeled as it did not comply with the click here measurements.

Super Contributor

I'm also hour glass at 5' 3" and 135 lbs and found this to be the PERFECT dress for me! I ordered my regular size small. Mine is perfect in the bust (34D) and roomy (but not maternity) in the hips (39"). I considered hemming it a bit but it hits me right at (not above) the knee which is fine. I realize that there will be a lot of returns on this dress which sadly will result in it not being reordered, but if it were, I wouldn't want Louis to change a thing!